Who are we losing this off-season?

jtm0097

We all know this season has been a disappointment, but I do have hope that we are going to get some players from the portal/JUCO ranks. So with that being said, who are we losing this off-season? Most of our OL and WRs are returning. Our defense is losing a few bodies, but as we all know, we need new players on the defense. I thought we were losing more on the offensive side of the ball, but I guess that's not the case. It's been mentioned numerous times, but we need to make sure that Maclin and Rogers stay here next year. We need a new LS and Kicker. Hopefully we are able to find these in the portal as well. So while I'm annoyed how the season went, we are not losing a ton of players. I do feel for a few of these guys. It's a shitty way to end a senior season. At least some had success over the years playing for us. 

Offense:

LT Kaci Moreka

C/G Daizon Carroll

WRs Roderic Burns and Kaylon Horton

Defense:

DE Mazin Richards

DE Kadren Johnson

LB Carson Kropp

LB Kevin Wood

LB/QB Jace Ruder

CB John Davis

CB Tarik Luckett

Special Teams:

LS JP Hadley

K Noah Rauschenberg

• Upvote 1

Players that have already used their 1st transfer seem like a less likely candidate to transfer a 2nd time unless they want to lose a year of remaining eligibility.  This likelihood seems to only reinforce that we should be focusing more on the transfer portal rather than grooming a high school player to transfer out as soon as they show promise.

Hopefully our next coach will make the portal more of a focus.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

EM biggest recruiting efforts needs to be to retain the better players he already has. He didn’t do well at all retaining the better players of SL’s team when he came in. Its going to be a challenge given the shit sandwich he made of it. 
the D might like Caponi -I don’t really know - but if I were a player outside looking in, I don’t think I’d wanna play for the guy.  

my prediction is we are going to lose a lot more players than just to graduation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

No clue what happens with players entering the portal. I just wanted to get a preliminary list of what we are losing per the official roster. There will be departures on the roster after the season ends. It happens every year. I'm sure some kids that never stepped on the field will leave, as well as a few younger guys (homesick, not the right fit, etc...). 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:39 AM, jtm0097 said:

We all know this season has been a disappointment, but I do have hope that we are going to get some players from the portal/JUCO ranks. So with that being said, who are we losing this off-season? Most of our OL and WRs are returning. Our defense is losing a few bodies, but as we all know, we need new players on the defense. I thought we were losing more on the offensive side of the ball, but I guess that's not the case. It's been mentioned numerous times, but we need to make sure that Maclin and Rogers stay here next year. We need a new LS and Kicker. Hopefully we are able to find these in the portal as well. So while I'm annoyed how the season went, we are not losing a ton of players. I do feel for a few of these guys. It's a shitty way to end a senior season. At least some had success over the years playing for us. 

Offense:

LT Kaci Moreka

C/G Daizon Carroll

WRs Roderic Burns and Kaylon Horton

Defense:

DE Mazin Richards

DE Kadren Johnson

LB Carson Kropp

LB Kevin Wood

LB/QB Jace Ruder

CB John Davis

CB Tarik Luckett

Special Teams:

LS JP Hadley

K Noah Rauschenberg

I don’t know if he would come back anyhow but Jace Ruder does have one more year of eligibility. 

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

We have a freshman kicker already on the roster. 
I think our offense will be fine. It has been mentioned many times that Chandler loves playing for Morris. Maclin will have to sit if he transfers again. 

I agree that Chandler should stay.  He'll be as good/better next year.  But we need to give some serious consideration to the offensive line.  We only lost two from the starting offensive line of last year, had the highest rated composite who had excelled at Georgia Tech in 2022 come in, had an extra good receiving corps and gave up more sacks.  May not need a big fix but it needs a little more of something.