Northern Iowa (11/7/23)

CMJ

7 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Uhh, I've been to a hundred basketball games. There is a gigantic ass parking lot right across the street from the arena. Wth are you talking about? Has the urban shrub architect taken over your account? 

You must not have been there last night. For edification review the parking topic that has been started.

• Eye Roll 1

On 11/8/2023 at 7:31 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Uhh, I've been to a hundred basketball games. There is a gigantic ass parking lot right across the street from the arena. Wth are you talking about? Has the urban shrub architect taken over your account? 

Which was full and on one section people were ticket for parking anyway…. Open spots near that intersection of Bonnie brae though. That’s a bit of a walk for season ticket holders. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/8/2023 at 10:15 AM, kj86 said:

Definitely something going on with parking last night.  Lot across from Pit was full.  I continued around the back of the old athletics buildings (Fouts site) and they gave me a parking ticket.  Didn't see anything saying I needed any kind of permit to park there.

Yeah has been before just last few seasons. I’m assuming that @NorthTexasWeLove dude hasn’t been to a game in a few years and wasn’t at the game where people had to walk far or het a parking ticket….

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Just... dead wrong. 

Odd because people who were actually at the game would disagree but ok 🙃

to be fair we are all sick tonight so not at the game. Maybe they addressed the issue, but it seemed more students are using it and the section by the dorms is being monitored. We have a parking pass off the street so we can walk right in, but others already  commented on the issue and we say it driving up. 

In the 90s even with Fours there you could see plenty of parking for all night basketball games. Students have probably affected this but last year was noticeable for sure and last game was awful. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Which was full and on one section people were ticket for parking anyway…. Open spots near that intersection of Bonnie brae though. That’s a bit of a walk for season ticket holders. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Odd because people who were actually at the game would disagree but ok 🙃

to be fair we are all sick tonight so not at the game. Maybe they addressed the issue, but it seemed more students are using it and the section by the dorms is being monitored. We have a parking pass off the street so we can walk right in, but others already  commented on the issue and we say it driving up. 

In the 90s even with Fours there you could see plenty of parking for all night basketball games. Students have probably affected this but last year was noticeable for sure and last game was awful. 

Season 2 Love GIF by LoveIslandUSA

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2