For all the doubt about Morris….

MGNation92

29 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I feel like the schedule got much easier rather than us improving in 2021.  

If SL were still here, I think we would have:

1)  Gotten hammered by Cal

2) Beaten FIU handily

3) Beaten LaTech by 10-14

4) Beaten ACU comparably 

5) Gotten hammered by Navy

6) Beaten Temple by 10-14 points

7) Gotten hammered by Tulane

So, we’d have a better record, but we’d have been blown out 3 times instead of once.  I also think I would be less optimistic about being competitive the last month of the season and beyond.

And be on our way to another bowl that we could get embarrassed at.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I feel like the schedule got much easier rather than us improving in 2021.  

If SL were still here, I think we would have:

1)  Gotten hammered by Cal

2) Beaten FIU handily

3) Beaten LaTech by 10-14

4) Beaten ACU comparably 

5) Gotten hammered by Navy

6) Beaten Temple by 10-14 points

7) Gotten hammered by Tulane

So, we’d have a better record, but we’d have been blown out 3 times instead of once.  I also think I would be less optimistic about being competitive the last month of the season and beyond.

And who would have been at QB during these games?  Likely NOT CR. Aune?

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, BigWillie said:

unless your name is Deion Sanders, getting transfer portal players, a staff, having players on both side of the ball learn a new playbook in the length of time they were given is very hard for any school.

4 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Not sure I am following you here. They beat a bad Baylor team and that's about it. They are 5-2 and lost to Louisiana-Lafayette and South Alabama. We are really like 2-3 plays away from being 5-2 ourselves, which all don't have to do with the HC. 

You said the above and he was pointing out that Kinne started with a worse team and still found major improvement on a similarly short timeline.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Not sure I am following you here. They beat a bad Baylor team and that's about it. They are 5-2 and lost to Louisiana-Lafayette and South Alabama. We are really like 2-3 plays away from being 5-2 ourselves, which all don't have to do with the HC. 

We lost to FIU, ffs. We are 3-4. You can’t not give them credit for actual wins while giving Morris credit for “could have been” wins (aka. losses). And I am pretty sure that coaching had a lot to do with our losses. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

We lost to FIU, ffs. We are 3-4. You can’t not give them credit for actual wins while giving Morris credit for “could have been” wins (aka. losses). And I am pretty sure that coaching had a lot to do with our losses. 

Those losses do fall on the coaches, but I will say Morris has been candid about guys not fully committing to what they're doing. He's sat starters for missing study hall and he's dismissed guys from the team who are problems. I think we're at a point now where he's figured out who wants to buy in and who wants to play. 

He himself said he didn't want to change much because the team was decent last year. He found out the hard way, but has made corrective actions toward achieving the team he wants. The team he wants has been far more competent and competitive than the team he thought he had when he got here (IE the last four games vs the first three games).

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1