UNT vs. Tulane (10/21/23 Score Predictions)

Big Z

On 10/16/2023 at 8:18 PM, Cr1028 said:

If Tulane doesn’t rush for 300 yards on us I will be shocked. It will be an ass-whooping in the first half and then merciful Fritz will call the dogs off in the 2nd half by running out the clock.

Tulane 38

UNT 13

Happy to report I was dead wrong. I’m shocked our defense kept us close. Maybe Morris has more going for him than I thought.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

How do you feel after the game? 59 didn't happen. 42 didn't happen. NT didn't come out swinging. We came out slow but still made it a game and held Tulane to 35. No new scoring season high for Tulane. We lost but made them sweat.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:50 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

NT beats the worst team in the AAC, playing their backup QB, and now we have people thinking NT is going to get a win against a ranked team on the road.
green-kool-aidman.jpg

Y'all are funny.

If NT comes out swinging, gets on the scoreboard first, and plays with some confidence, it could be something like:
NT-27
Tulane-38

If NT comes out slow, or lets Tulane hit a big play TD early, it could be something like:
NT-14
Tulane-59

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

How do you feel after the game? 59 didn't happen. 42 didn't happen. NT didn't come out swinging. We came out slow but still made it a game and held Tulane to 35. No new scoring season high for Tulane. We lost but made them sweat.

I actually only kept up with the game via ESPN app, checking in every here & there, as Saturday was pretty busy for me.  So I don't really know how to feel.    Glad we didn't get the doors blown off though!
Sounds like everyone around here was pleasantly surprised (myself included) with the loss being as competitive as it was... but that's not quite what we are wanting, right?    

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I actually only kept up with the game via ESPN app, checking in every here & there, as Saturday was pretty busy for me.  So I don't really know how to feel.    Glad we didn't get the doors blown off though!
Sounds like everyone around here was pleasantly surprised (myself included) with the loss being as competitive as it was... but that's not quite what we are wanting, right?    

No, we wanted a win. If you have a chance to watch a replay, I think you'll come away optimistic. It's not about losing a competitive game and "moral victories." It's that our defense did enough to put us in position to compete. Forced a goal line fumble and 1 interception in the first half. Forced a turnover on downs inside our 25. Our offense just didn't have a pulse until the second half. We turned it over on downs 3 times and had 1 fumble on a hand-off all in the first half. The defense isn't shut down but made big plays at the right moments to keep us in the game early on. Just didn't capitalize.

Still, progress was made against a team most expected to blow us out.

• Upvote 4

Tulane played poorly in the first half, particularly on offense, and horrible in the second.  Unfortunately for Tulane, the 2023 team seems to do that, play just well enough to win, usually coming from behind.  Someone is going to pick off my Green Wave, could be Rice this week, unless they start playing better.  As I said earlier in this thread Tulane's best performance was week 1, they've underperfomed since.  

Good luck the rest of the season.  You need to go 2-2 against Tulane SMU UTSA and Memphis, you're now 0-1 against those four.  The bottom half of the conference is really bad, and UNT is not in the bottom half, so go beat up on the weak teams ending the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1