New Helmet Logo

UNTfan915

1 minute ago, billyboy85 said:

The helmet logo is hotly debated. However, considering our "Mean Green" identity, perhaps no logo is needed. Why haven't we adopted a unique shade of green? An elegant, sparkly Kelly green would be a classy choice. 

Sorry for the bye week talk. I'm bored. 

bored the princess and the frog GIF

I want to know what happened to my beautiful early 90s forest green.  It seems that UNT went off the rails when Dodge brought in that Southlake teal.

(from https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth164824/m1/1/)

download (2).png

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

I want to know what happened to my beautiful early 90s forest green.  It seems that UNT went off the rails when Dodge brought in that Southlake teal.

(from https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth164824/m1/1/)

download (2).png

Too dark.  Reminds me of Philly Eagle's color. 😝

Our current color Green is fine, it Pops!   

We just need to find a non-Oregon helmet to go with it!

AG9I5877.jpg

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

On 9/22/2023 at 2:29 PM, ADLER said:

The name "Eppy" was selected by the spirit group Talons. It has some secret mystical meaning to their organization.

I was in Talons...there is no mystical significance.

And we were told it was an Student Association decision because Scrappy was too warlike...not that it was our predecessors.  

Edited by CMJ

5 hours ago, NT80 said:

Too dark.  Reminds me of Philly Eagle's color. 😝

Our current color Green is fine, it Pops!   

We just need to find a non-Oregon helmet to go with it!

AG9I5877.jpg

Except our green doesn't look like this photo at all, unless you've got some insane settings on your TV or left it on the store display mode. Literally look at it compared to the main header or "Reply To This Topic" button on this website, which will be much closer. Still, it gets washed out badly on TV with the stadium lighting or sunlight.

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:29 AM, UNTcrazy727 said:

According to this, Southern Miss used the same eagle in the late 1970s. I believe we used it first, but I can’t confirm. 

IMG_5368.jpeg

North Texas definitely used the strutting eagle before the mid-70's.  I know this because somewhere in my family's boxes of old photos, there is one of me in the early 70's wearing a sweatshirt with that NT logo on it.  It was a gift from a cousin who attended NTSU from 1970 to 1972. 

• Upvote 2

The Kelly Green is much prettier.  I agree that we need to find a better, more identifiable helmet.  I really do believe a small SOW would work but it’s awkward with the way today’s helmets are shaped. I love the worm and the interlocked NT and it’d be cool to see either worked in with our modern helmets.  I’m also psyched to see the strutting Eagle.  We’ve been through several iterations and I honestly love them all and wouldn’t mind seeing any old logo on the helmet but worked into the modern design.