TCU "Indefinitely" Pausing Series with SMUt

I know we folks here never feel for SMU. But it is the same for them as it would be for UNT if the series with SMU got cancelled. The sport would be the loser, but if UNT starts winning that series on the regular, mean green fans will still want to continue the series (I assume SMU fans will be more split). But given all the loss of regionality from the sport, I deplore the loss of such rivalries even more.

On that notion, TCU will be travelling a lot more starting in 24. Something has me thinking that once they made that expereince for a few years, they will eventually come back on the idea of having a very regional game they can play every year. It doesn't have to be SMU though, could be UNT, or even Tulsa.

Edited by outoftown
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, outoftown said:

I know we folks here never feel for SMU. But it is the same for them as it would be for UNT if the series with SMU got cancelled. The sport would be the loser, but if UNT starts winning that series on the regular, mean green fans will still want to continue the series (I assume SMU fans will be more split). But given all the loss of regionality from the sport, I deplore the loss of such rivalries even more.

Very true. We get upset when things like this happen to us, but it's a different story when it's another school or even us thinking we shouldn't play other regional FBS schools.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2

18 minutes ago, keith said:

Is there any more to this story?  Seems like TCU is making this decision unilaterally.  This is a long-standing annual matchup, there has to be more going on here.

We beat them 2 of the last 3 years, plus they have had NIL shortages and we stole some great players from them.  It only hurts them to play us and only benefits us.

In short: they are scared. 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

We beat them 2 of the last 3 years, plus they have had NIL shortages and we stole some great players from them.  It only hurts them to play us and only benefits us.

I thought you were going to your new conference, bye/

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DentonStang said:

2 losses in 3 years didn't keep them out of the national title game.

Maybe you mean that 3rd loss will do them in?

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:10 PM, greenminer said:

2 losses in 3 years didn't keep them out of the national title game.

Maybe you mean that 3rd loss will do them in?

You, me, and TCU all know they made that game from phenomenal luck.  They are good but not that good. They are absolutely vulnerable in recruiting now in the B12 sans UT and OU.  They will continue to lose conference prestige and they will need to stay razor sharp to combat that. Having us be a legitimate recruiting competitor is only bad for them.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

6 hours ago, DentonStang said:

You, me, and TCU all know they made that game from phenomenal luck.  They are good but not that good. They are absolutely vulnerable in recruiting now in the B12 sans UT and OU.  They will continue to lose conference prestige and they will need to stay razor sharp to combat that. Having us be a legitimate recruiting competitor is only bad for them.

typical pony troll trash talk, man. Bye

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Dude, you can't be be fking serious?  

Look, I get that you guys are trolling, desperate and crave approval, but this is just next level stupid. 

I hate Texas u with every fiber in my body, but even I wouldn't say that tu wasn't "that good" when they made the title game with Vince Young. 

Please, just stop. Or at the very least, go back to your own board with your own kind. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1

On 8/25/2023 at 1:27 PM, DentonStang said:

They made the title game. STILL

You’re getting laughed out of this thread. Just take the L and stay off this thread.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I see a program that has capitalized on every opportunity afforded them the last 20+ years, with rare exception

when the B12 loses its prestige without UT- OU, and it will, I have zero doubt that TCU will figure out how to properly act next.

can’t say the same for the Ponies, as we all see only bring lawyer money to the table. People are taking their cash and letting you sit in the corner of the same rooms, while you have won zero hardware since the 1980s.

I bet y’all are thanking the CFB Gods for NIL: it’s your only hope.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, greenminer said:

They made the title game. STILL

You’re getting laughed out of this thread. Just take the L and stay off this thread.

They can't.  Several of them have been laughed out of threads, at times even burning themselves.  However, they keep at it and continue to embarrass themselves.  It's a sickness, really.

16 hours ago, LongJim said:

Yes.  After 100 years, TCU has just discovered that they are afraid of SMU.

They rose to the top of the CFB world and appeared in the CFP title game, and all of a sudden they're afraid of SMU.

That's his logic.  TCU, however, sees something SMU doesn't, due to newfound perspective, and is trimming excess lawyer fat out of their healthy CFB diet.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

They rose to the top of the CFB world and appeared in the CFP title game, and all of a sudden they're afraid of SMU.

That's the logic of the loser.  TCU, however, sees something SMU doesn't, due to newfound perspective, and is trimming excess lawyer fat out of their healthy CFB diet.

$mut needs TCU alot more than TCU needing $mut.

• Upvote 1