Similarities between Morris and McCarney

Dannymacfan

Morris is much more like what McCarney did in terms of getting larger olinmen and more size over all on the roster.  He also liked having a mobile QB.  I remember him saying they did not want a statue back there.  I also saw Morris running from unit to unit with a whistle similar to how McCarney conducted practices.  Seth always stayed with the offense mostly in my recollection and stayed fairly quiet.  Morris is much more like McCarney in terms of he's more verbal (not yelling) but encouraging with his voice etc.

image.jpeg.36360ed9cb55504133760d33a2164847.jpegEric Morris - Football Coach - Washington State University Athletics

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • RV 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 4/10/2023 at 11:19 AM, SilverEagle said:

Morris is high volume and high energy. His style gets people moving and motivated. McCarney was old- school loud and grouchy.

And the old school way only works if you're winning. (Saban, Paterno, Mack Brown, Solich, etc.) Otherwise, it gets old fast.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 5

On 4/10/2023 at 10:20 AM, Dannymacfan said:

Morris is much more like what McCarney did in terms of getting larger olinmen and more size over all on the roster.  He also liked having a mobile QB.  I remember him saying they did not want a statue back there.  I also saw Morris running from unit to unit with a whistle similar to how McCarney conducted practices.  Seth always stayed with the offense mostly in my recollection and stayed fairly quiet.  Morris is much more like McCarney in terms of he's more verbal (not yelling) but encouraging with his voice etc.

image.jpeg.36360ed9cb55504133760d33a2164847.jpegEric Morris - Football Coach - Washington State University Athletics

@admin I would like to nominate this post for the GMG.com HOF for getting all 13 possible reactions.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2