Congratulations to our new HC, Ross Hodge!

2020 Sucks

• 2020 Sucks changed the title to Congratulations to our new HC, Ross Hodge!
7 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I love that this promotion is being announced practically simultaneously as Mac's hiring away. Of course, I will miss Grant, but while other stepping stone programs get decimated when their head coach is hired away, we had a contingency plan and I believe our success will continue.

This. All of this. It had to be in the plans the whole time

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, C Rod said:

Speaking of.. well played, Jared Mosley! The man was promoted to AD less than four months ago and has already had to: 

- Find/hire Eric Morris & staff under the gun

- Diplomatically part ways with UNT WBB great, Jalie Mitchell

- Hire Jason Burton as a rock-solid replacement, with a track record of success.

- Navigate losing Grant to Tech and have a plan in place to backfill without missing a beat. Ross Hodge is a great promotion from within and keeps this show on the road.

The UNT Athletic Department is absolutely killing it right now. Think about it… we’re about to step up to the AAC with 3 new head coaches & a new AD… and there is no worry or wondering if we can compete. We know we can, and we WILL. 

Killing it with the personnel decisions for sure. I want to see what their marketing strategies are to pack Apogee on September 2 and fill the Pit Podge for Hodge.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, drex said:

Nice to see that the AD, who benefitted from the 'next man up' philosophy, did the same thing with the Hodge hire...sometimes the next man up is the way to go.

Next man up, or the next man on his way up (via grit and hard work). The next man up knows what he is getting himself into, and the next man on his way up finds the challenges at North Texas very manageable compared to where he was before.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Next man up, or the next man on his way up (via grit and hard work). The next man up knows what he is getting himself into, and the next man on his way up finds the challenges at North Texas very manageable compared to where he was before.

Jared Mosley is a good example. I have always been impressed with him, and this part of his bio explains why......

Mosley came to North Texas from the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, where he held the title of Chief Executive Officer and President from 2014-16.

Prior to that appointment, Mosley served as Director of Athletics for 10 years at Abilene Christian University from 2004-14, where he increased the athletics fundraising more than 650 percent up to more than $1.7 million in his final year. Mosley oversaw more than $30 million in facilities construction and renovations while leading the Wildcats through the first year of their Division I transition. He also secured the lead gift for an on-campus football stadium.

Considering the size of the school and it's location, that was very impressive.

• Upvote 2

Hodge has a great resume and reputation, he has done it all as an Assistant Head Coach. We are very fortunate we were able to hold off P5's from getting a hold of him. The smooth transition to a 5 year contract is great. The AD has made some solid decisions. GMG

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Jared Mosley is a good example. I have always been impressed with him, and this part of his bio explains why......

Mosley came to North Texas from the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, where he held the title of Chief Executive Officer and President from 2014-16.

Prior to that appointment, Mosley served as Director of Athletics for 10 years at Abilene Christian University from 2004-14, where he increased the athletics fundraising more than 650 percent up to more than $1.7 million in his final year. Mosley oversaw more than $30 million in facilities construction and renovations while leading the Wildcats through the first year of their Division I transition. He also secured the lead gift for an on-campus football stadium.

Considering the size of the school and it's location, that was very impressive.

Lot of "moneyed" alums at ACU.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Lot of "moneyed" alums at ACU.

...who I would speculate, put their money somewhere else at the University until Jared Mosley came along and sold them on the athletic program's future. Here is the summary of his accomplishments at ACU.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=523d9b73527489e2JmltdHM9MTY4MDMwNzIwMCZpZ3VpZD0wYTNkN2QzMi0wZmI3LTYyMDItMGVmNy02Y2QwMGVjMjYzNWEmaW5zaWQ9NTAwNg&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=0a3d7d32-0fb7-6202-0ef7-6cd00ec2635a&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9hY3VzcG9ydHMuY29tL25ld3MvMjAxNC84LzIyL0dFTl8wODIyMTQ1MTQ4LmFzcHg&ntb=1

• Upvote 1