Siggers on the move again

El Paso Eagle

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Every $mut fan tonight during the championship game. 

The Office Oops GIF

I would think tonight would be a vindication for their method.  He just proved that what he started doing at smu really does work.  I don't think tcu making it this far is good for anyone but the rich privates.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I would think tonight would be a vindication for their method.  He just proved that what he started doing at smu really does work.  I don't think tcu making it this far is good for anyone but the rich privates.

Can't argue or deny the success Dykes has had this year at TCU but he walked into a pretty great situation.  Also, if not for an early Chandler Morris injury the Frogs likely finish in the 7-9 win category.  I guess he was such a great coach that he didn't know he had a Heisman candidate as a backup?  Funny how things work out.

TCU also won several games this year where they were trailing at halftime or the fourth quarter.  That's nothing to take away from the outcome.  A win is a win but those things tend to even out over the course of a larger sample size.

We'll see how the Frogs respond to being the hunted next year as opposed to being the hunter.  They won't be sneaking up on anybody.  That said they are recruiting at an elite level and their NIL is very competitive.  They'll be able to build off of this title game appearance and I'd expect a top ten recruiting class next year.

Edited by SMU2006
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SMU2006 said:

Can't argue or deny the success Dykes has had this year at TCU but he walked into a pretty great situation.  Also, if not for an early Chandler Morris injury the Frogs likely finish in the 7-9 win category.  I guess he was such a great coach that he didn't know he had a Heisman candidate as a backup?  Funny how things work out.

TCU also won several games this year where they were trailing at halftime or the fourth quarter.  That's nothing to take away from the outcome.  A win is a win but those things tend to even out over the course of a larger sample size.

We'll see how the Frogs respond to being the hunted next year as opposed to being the hunter.  They won't be sneaking up on anybody.  That said they are recruiting at an elite level and their NIL is very competitive.  They'll be able to build off of this title game appearance and I'd expect a top ten recruiting class next year.

I am happy for TCU, but in all honesty, I could see them finishing next year at 8-4, or 7-5 just as likely as winning 10+ games again. This is just throwing the "experts" for a loop how they can be there without the talent levels of the "Bluebloods".

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I am happy for TCU, but in all honesty, I could see them finishing next year at 8-4, or 7-5 just as likely as winning 10+ games again. This is just throwing the "experts" for a loop how they can be there without the talent levels of the "Bluebloods".

15 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

I thought this was a thread about Siggers?  🤨. There is another thread for TCU.  And for the record Siggers probably couldn't walk on at TCU now. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

Good kid that fought injuries all year.  Wish him the best.  With Camar Wheaton, LJ Johnson, and Jaylan Knighton in the fold he was looking at 4th or 5th string.  

Hope he's able to land somewhere that will give him a shot to get on the field.

Looking at the portal position rankings, Johnson and Knighton are the #2 and #5 running backs in the country, so I can see why Siggers is leaving. Did that fullback Tyler Levine graduate? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2