Not Football Related But UNT is getting a New Chancellor

All About UNT

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't know if we can afford him.   Heard the Salary UT pays him is pretty high.

At this point in his career, he may not care about money.  He may just want to prove that he still has passion, and that he can build from the ground up.  Prove that he wasn't successful just because the Empire has unlimited resources.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

I don't think he could accomplish much less than the old one.

It seems strange to me, you never hear what the NT chancellor does, till they are replaced and then you get articles about what they accomplish at the Med. School or UNT-Dallas.

I really don't  know if you are just paying for influence at some level, or are they expected to actually work for NT including the main Denton campus. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rudy said:

At this point in his career, he may not care about money.  He may just want to prove that he still has passion, and that he can build from the ground up.  Prove that he wasn't successful just because the Empire has unlimited resources.

He could have applied for the AD position. He would have made about 100K more than being the chancellor.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Both easily destroyed. Plus no Texas ties. Hard pass. 

Well, the first one was only destroyed because of sabotage.  He hired the wrong Defensive Coordinator.  The second one he was too busy trying to recruit Skywalker.  I bet he learned his lessons.

• Upvote 1