• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
UNTLifer

Kingsbury May Quit USC

43 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

USC should have expected this when they refused to let him interview.  That not a good way to treat your coaches. 

And taking a job then trying to get the next job within a couple of weeks is ok? 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

And taking a job then trying to get the next job within a couple of weeks is ok? 

It happens.  It's not ideal but it shouldn't be a big deal.  Denying your coaching the opportunity to get an NFL job or a top college job is not good business.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

It happens.  It's not ideal but it shouldn't be a big deal.  Denying your coaching the opportunity to get an NFL job or a top college job is not good business.

I hear you there and would agree in general. But this isn’t one of his coaches - the guy hasn’t even met the players most likely.  He was hired to be the OC and 247 shows they have 4 guys committed yet to sign and they all look like offensive guys - two of which are five star players. I wouldn’t be too happy about KK’s mercenary attitude if I were USC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, 97and03 said:

I hear you there and would agree in general. But this isn’t one of his coaches - the guy hasn’t even met the players most likely.  He was hired to be the OC and 247 shows they have 4 guys committed yet to sign and they all look like offensive guys - two of which are five star players. I wouldn’t be too happy about KK’s mercenary attitude if I were USC. 

He's been there such a short time that him leaving now would have little to no impact.  I can see the "mercenary KK" idea but I think USC is being the bigger jerk here.  I'm really baffled by the NFL requiring their teams to ask permission of colleges.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think it is surprising the NFL is after him. 

I agree.  I think he's probably a good candidate for a coordinator position in college, but he really didn't do enough at Tech to merit the same position in the NFL.  I thought he was in over his head at Tech.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

This is ego for USC! It was mentioned they are paying him $3m to tie him up! Kliff is a lot better coach then some people on this site believe! The NFL is changing to a Leach type system he is the perfect fit. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

HC or OC?  Hard to he would be offered a HC job.

It is being reported that the Jets and Cardinals are interested in him as their head coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 4

41 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It is being reported that the Jets and Cardinals are interested in him as their head coach. 

It also could be they simply want to pick his brain. 

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Exactly! The man made a COMMITMENT! This will taint his tenure at USC with its administration and its fans, not to mention his credibility. The word "whore" also comes to mind.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

31 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What?

Mahomes and Mayfield have brought in pass happy offensives that will continue to evolve. How many empty backfields did you see this year and not just on 3rd and long!  No one has the proof to develop a Qb like Kliff and as we know that is the most important position! 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

The NFL is changing to a Leach type system he is the perfect fit. 

I hope your right,......especially if the Giants, Eagles and Redskins change to it.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

I hope he gets paid enough at his new job to buy enough hair gel for himself.  It was Vince Lombardi (or, was it Vic Tayback?) who said, "If you can't win enough conference games, at least look good enough to coach a team that might eventually win enough conference games."  And, hair gel enough to look good enough to have his picture, at least, on the wall at Fernando's Hideaway.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2