Some Likely Good News!

Side Show Joe

26 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I don't think Kendal Briles gets enough credit for FAU's performance. 

Kiffin gets all the attention but the Briles offense is the key 

He was my #1 choice to replace McCarney. I like Littrell but man I wanted that offense and his recruiting ability. 

I like Briles chemistry with his current players and I like what he does with this offense, but you want his recruiting ability? His, "You should want to come to Baylor. There are a lot of white girls here that love athletes." These are apparently his documented recruiting tactics. JS.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I like Briles chemistry with his current players and I like what he does with this offense, but you want his recruiting ability? His, "You should want to come to Baylor. There are a lot of white girls here that love athletes." These are apparently his documented recruiting tactics. JS.  

I mean. I guess. I don't know how he specifically recruited. I just know he was the conference recruiter of the year once. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, Monkeypox said:

I guess instead of wanting improvement for our own program we can just want our competition to get worse. But if you want that solution, there's a home in the Sun Belt and FCS. 

I don't think anyone is calling for that. All of us want our program to improve. This thread is just pointing out the obvious possibility that Kiffin will be gone from FAU sooner rather then later.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Really hoping LK stays at FAU, and starts the trend of P5 coaches staying at G5.. A F_U vs UNT/UTSA rivialary between states can only improve the conference.

Thank you.  Why do we hope our G5 teams get worse instead of out conferences getting stronger? 

What about FAU and NT moving to AAC when the Big 12 come calling on UCF and USF next year?  It’s not a crazy thought.  We are similar programs even though I know you guys have a lot more history.

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, MattMakesLoans said:

I think we are going to see some of these "young turk" G5 Coaches stick around for a few seasons because they have their eyes on some really big programs.

ESPN had a graphic that listed Kiffin, Morris, Littrell, and one more as coaches to watch.

What is also interesting.. most of the bigger jobs in the region have been settled last year or this year.. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dusky said:

Thank you.  Why do we hope our G5 teams get worse instead of out conferences getting stronger? 

What about FAU and NT moving to AAC when the Big 12 come calling on UCF and USF next year?  It’s not a crazy thought.  We are similar programs even though I know you guys have a lot more history.

Would love to see the FL schools and UNT/UTSA (or rice) move up.. the logic we want someone to suck in G5 only hurts all of us.. 

Honestly if LK stays, I think it only increases SL staying.. the question is can both programs get the $ to make it manageable for them to success.. 

• Lovely Take 1

Idon't think anybody worth it for Kiffin is gonna pick him up this season. Thre are not actually that many jobs out there this season. Tennessee and A&M may have made it feel like its a crazy coaching carrousell season, but its actually a comparatively low opening season (ok, its not over yet, but still). I don't see anybody taking a chance on LK before he proves he doesn't get into trouble for another season. I think it is more about the "not getting into trouble" than about success on the field. Most folks thought he was decent at that before.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Would love to see the FL schools and UNT/UTSA (or rice) move up.. the logic we want someone to suck in G5 only hurts all of us.. 

Honestly if LK stays, I think it only increases SL staying.. the question is can both programs get the $ to make it manageable for them to success.. 

I think our contract negotiations for the extension just got a bit easier today.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Idon't think anybody worth it for Kiffin is gonna pick him up this season. Thre are not actually that many jobs out there this season. Tennessee and A&M may have made it feel like its a crazy coaching carrousell season, but its actually a comparatively low opening season (ok, its not over yet, but still). I don't see anybody taking a chance on LK before he proves he doesn't get into trouble for another season. I think it is more about the "not getting into trouble" than about success on the field. Most folks thought he was decent at that before.

Lane to ASU or UCF?

• Upvote 1