Blackout for the ODU Game

MGNation92

8 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

Thanks for noticing that we are not sheeple.

#greenforthemeangreen

#whiteforthegreenandwhite

#asForMeAndMyHouseWeShallWearGreenAndWhite

Individualism and nonconformity. Good in your life. 

Not so much when it comes to supporting your team. 

"Screw you team! I'm no sheep! I do my own thing!"

I had it wrong.  All those Penn St fans last week weren't supporting their team. They were just weak minded fools. Or Louisville  I think they've done a blackout. Again  their fan base are just mindless followers. I mean how weak!

This really explains SO MUCH  

I mean it's perfect  

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

Individualism and nonconformity. Good in your life. 

Not so much when it comes to supporting your team. 

"Screw you team! I'm no sheep! I do my own thing!"

I had it wrong.  All those Penn St fans last week weren't supporting their team. They were just weak minded fools. Or Louisville  I think they've done a blackout. Again  their fan base are just mindless followers. I mean how weak!

This really explains SO MUCH  

I mean it's perfect  

this would work if i didn't think we should all wear green, guy. ;)

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

That's kind of my point. 

The team doesn't want you to wear green on Saturday. They want you to wear black. Doesn't matter what you want. 

If the team's gonna have a "pink out" you should show up wearing pink looking fabulous. 

It's not about you. It's about the team. No one cares what you think. Or what I think. It's what WE think. Should be pretty simple to figure out what WE think about what to wear to the game Saturday....the AD put it in a tweet for all to see. Can't we get behind that?

Seems the color of a shirt should be easy for the fan base to get on the same page. We can't even do that. It's about having a good, game day stadium environment for a home field advantage. 

Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!   Precisely, the team asks for a blackout from the fans....    We wear black uniforms.....   We should wear black stuff!  As Moobs said, great opprotunity to get new gear!

Ohio State does it...

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/10/ohio_state_calls_on_fans_to_we.html

Happening elsewhere in the Big 10 as well....

https://www.onthebanks.com/2017/10/25/16550548/maryland-at-rutgers-wrestling-football-doubleheader-declared-a-blackout-big-ten

According to the NYT happened at the Georgia v Alabama Game and the White Sox got in on it too... and not to mention... "Colorado (against West Virginia), Vanderbilt (against South Carolina) and Purdue (against Penn State on Saturday) are among other high-profile programs that have promoted blackouts this year."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/sports/ncaafootball/05blackout.html

I could keep going but I think you get the point.     I think we get behind our team and if they want us to wear black, gat dang it...   we wear black!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

12 minutes ago, hickoryhouse said:

According to the NYT happened at the Georgia v Alabama Game and the White Sox got in on it too... and not to mention... "Colorado (against West Virginia), Vanderbilt (against South Carolina) and Purdue (against Penn State on Saturday) are among other high-profile programs that have promoted blackouts this year."

Just an FYI, those teams all have black as a primary color (besides Georgia).

Edited by forevereagle

31 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

I'd happily do a Green out. Or  a White out.

I wouldn't do a black-out because 1) i don't have a lot of black NT gear and 2 ) I don't want to.

Hey man...do your thing

Small time programs thrive on fans that are too cool for stuff like this. 

Why should our small time program be any different

• Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Hey man...do your thing

Small time programs thrive on fans that are too cool for stuff like this. 

Why should our small time program be any different

I appreciate your permission. I don’t think I am what is holding the program back but I’ll defer to your expert opinion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Y'all,
It's going to be freaking cold for this game.   You're not going to be wearing anything short-sleeved.

I don't have any black Mean Green gear, and I probably wouldn't wear it if I did, so I'm not going to go buy some just for this game...   But I do have a black coat and a black fleece.   I'll be wearing one of those.

I hope some of you have one of the following:
Black hoodie sweater, black fleece sweater, black jacket, black coat, etc... because it's going to be cold.  If it has a SOW/"Mean Green"/"North Texas" on it, even better!  If not, that's fine, just wear something black if that's what the football team wants us to wear.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't we already do a green out (or at least we try) for every home game?  It's a special occasion game around Halloween.  The team's going to be in black and wants the fans...the one's that show up anyway....to join them.  It's not like they are asking you to wear SMU gear or something.  SMH.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all,
It's going to be freaking cold for this game.   You're not going to be wearing anything short-sleeved.

I don't have any black Mean Green gear, and I probably wouldn't wear it if I did, so I'm not going to go buy some just for this game...   But I do have a black coat and a black fleece.   I'll be wearing one of those.

Black hoodie sweater, black fleece sweater, black jacket, black coat, etc... because it's going to be cold.  If it has a SOW/"Mean Green"/"North Texas" on it, even better!  If not, that's fine, just wear something black if that's what the football team wants us to wear.

🌞 Weather folks still predicting 60 degrees this Saturday in Denton so with a 5:30 pm kickoff in the sunlight won't it be close to 60 degrees?

I can't fathom a 30 degree drop in temperature in the next 3-4 hours after the kickoff but.... it is Texas.  

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

🌞 Weather folks still predicting 60 degrees this Saturday in Denton so with a 5:30 pm kickoff in the sunlight won't it be close to 60 degrees?

I can't fathom a 30 degree drop in temperature in the next 3-4 hours after the kickoff but.... it is Texas.  

GMG!

I'll be in the shade, and once the sun goes down (which will be around the end of the 1st quarter), it's going to get cold quickly.

Of course, my tolerance for cold is very low.   Some people LOVE the cold.   I hate temps below 50.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all,

I'm not sure what your definition of "freaking cold" is, but 60 degrees at game time is not cold.  It may be "chilly" when the game is over, but I bet it isn't below 50.  Then again, it all depends on the wind.

I would love to see an advertised "green out," but I would also really like to see a "white out" like PSU just had this past weekend.  We need to do that early in the year when it is hot and make our opponent wear dark colors and stand in the sun.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I'm not sure what your definition of "freaking cold" is, but 60 degrees at game time is not cold.  It may be "chilly" when the game is over, but I bet it isn't below 50.  Then again, it all depends on the wind.

I would love to see an advertised "green out," but I would also really like to see a "white out" like PSU just had this past weekend.  We need to do that early in the year when it is hot and make our opponent wear dark colors and stand in the sun.

Cold enough to be in pants/long sleeves.    Which removes the normal green short-sleeved t-shirts/polos I (and I assume most others) would wear if it were warmer.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Can we have a roving weather reporter in Apogee at kickoff giving us a ( every 15 minutes) weather' cast on how frigid each quadrant of the stadium is becoming?  Many of us would be interested to know.🤔😳🙄

GMG!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Eh the high will be 60, but the low is 35. It'll be a tad breezy. Gonna get to the 40s quick. 

Y'all can't share my blanket.