Since someone closed "Littrell" Post to new comments

UNTMike81

1 minute ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Is that a very outlandish claim in tech goes 5-7? 

I think it’s more outlandish for us to think about 8 wins, in the pre-season and current season.. yes it’s attainable and I hope I’m proven wrong but still likely we end up with 6-7 wins..

We have been critical of SL and his recruiting.. that is his major drawback and likely something other schools would like to see improved

9 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Only 3 NT headcoaches have a non losing record.

1. Hayden Fry 59%
  2. Odus Mitchell 57%
  3. Jerry Moore 50%

9 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

And yet UNT is 1 game over .500 all-time.  Did Odus Mitchell coach for like 40 years? 

Edit:  Theron Fouts was 23-14-2

Also J.W. St. Clair and Jack Sisco.

We might talk about the distant past, Helwig trying to kill athletics, and being underfunded for 40-50 years prior to 2003. All of that might be or is true. If you look at purely win-loss, I don't think there has been a 10 year stretch worse than what was done from 2006-2016.

i don't care how long littrell and co are here, it's a Breath of fresh air.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

SL needs to prove he's the whole package. Assuming he wins more games lets see how this recruiting cycle goes. He's still learning his HC-ing skills also. Two big years at NT winning..yep adios.

It will be 2020 or 2021 before we know how good the next recruiting class is.  Unless, of course, you value the opinion of some fat guy sitting in Minneapolis over actual results. 

Edited by GTWT
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ad's look very hard at the recruiting rankings.  Until we are dominating consistently on the field and in the rankings, Seth will be here.  When Mason is a senior and we go 10-2, that's his ticket to a $4mm payday somewhere.   He's close to home, lives in a great city, and he makes a very nice living.   Let's slow the roll about him leaving.  That kinda talk will jinx us against utsa....it's stupid but true!!

Edited by edcollopy
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, UNTMike81 said:

Corky Nelson was a good coach at UNT/NTSU and his record isn't great. Man, UNT/NTSU football has been horrible for a long time. I never knew UNT/NTSU record over the years was really that bad. No wonder all the really old timers, then me always refer to UNT/NTSU as a "Music School". With a record like ours I now understand why SMU lobbied so hard for UNT/NTSU to be excluded from the SWC. I don't like what SMU did, but at least I can understand it.
"

NT's record has nothing to do with SMU's desire not to share a conference.   They don't want to give an area team any advantage and certainly want to remain a conference above NT.  

12 hours ago, UNTMike81 said:

Todd Dodge couldn't figuratively hold Seth Littrell's Jock Strap!!!

Topic Closed!!

Go Mean Green. It's been a long time since I've seen a UNT Football team turn around a first Quarter performance like they did tonight. I was great to hear on 88.1.

Why is Dodge even mentioned?  He was a very risky hire that didn't work.

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

Helwig really tried to kill NT Athletics.

Never a Helwig fan but he did not try to kill NT athletics.  In fact, he was the AD that returned NT football back to the top level.  He financed that return with a bunch of play for pay games both in basketball and football.  How else was he going to do it with an Administration that did not want to spend the money necessary to compete.

Also apparently many of you are not history prone, Jack Sisco was 74-38-11 leading NT football and that is the reason that NT's record is not a lot worse.  

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Also apparently many of you are not history prone, Jack Sisco was 74-38-11 leading NT football and that is the reason that NT's record is not a lot worse.  

NT was in the college (lower) division when Sisco coached here.    I usually only refer to University/Major/1A/FBS stats when I talk about stats.  

20 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

And yet UNT is 1 game over .500 all-time.  Did Odus Mitchell coach for like 40 years? 

Edit:  Theron Fouts was 23-14-2

Well considering we are 92-174 since moving back up to D1A in '95, we must've been pretty damn good before that.