What if?

untjim1995

14 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Should I say "Thank you sir, may I have another!" Or just remain silent for another 20 loss season?

If there is no change in the next 30 - 40 days, watch your mailbox for your enlistment papers. We'll be putting together a little militia.

pitchforks.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Why bother?

For unselfish and for selfish reasons. As for the unselfish, I would like to see UNT's basketball program return to a semblance of respectability...sooner rather than later. It is a matter of institutional pride. As for the selfish, I want to be able to come back to the Superpit and enjoy some winning basketball again, while I am still physically able. I could watch from the other side, I suppose, but where I'm likely going it will be hard to watch through the smoke and flames.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 2/10/2017 at 0:16 PM, untjim1995 said:

I realize the chances are 1/10th of 1%, but what if Benford got retained as head coach and was given a 2-3 year extension?

What if he had been fired right then and there after that loss to Alabama Huntsville?

Actually, disregard this. I am not sure which question brings up a more painful answer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, outoftown said:

What if he had been fired right then and there after that loss to Alabama Huntsville?

Actually, disregard this. I am not sure which question brings up a more painful answer.

We would have made an equally disastrous hire bc of you know who, who used to be in charge.

13 hours ago, outoftown said:

I remember thinking we had made a huge mistake as I listened to the end of that game.  That's usually when I start drinking.