Where do we put Mr. Chumley?

Harry

Saw him on the sidelines and I know he was injured this year.  But man, this kid is a good looking athlete.  Looks like 6-6, 250 ish from my eye.  QB is just not in the cards with all we have coming back.  What would be a good position for him?  Many say tight end but I would like to see him at defensive end and possibly defensive tackle if he could put on more weight.  They need to put him in the weight room and add 25 pounds in the off season.  He could really help us.  There are other players I think could move position as well.

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Saw him on the sidelines and I know he was injured this year.  But man, this kid is a good looking athlete.  Looks like 6-6, 250 ish from my eye.  QB is just not in the cards with all we have coming back.  What would be a good position for him?  Many say tight end but I would like to see him at defensive end and possibly defensive tackle if he could put on more weight.  They need to put him in the weight room and add 25 pounds in the off season.  He could really help us.  There are other players I think could move position as well.

H that's more of a flex H than say Maki who's more of a FB H.  The two I'm interested to see is Dillman at DE, and Means at RB. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

He has to prove that he can stay healthy and shine in a certain position. To date, he has done neither. Needs a really strong offseason with Womack to enable him solid opportunities in spring.

He must demonstrate a hunger and willingness to move positions, and mix it up physically at spots other than QB. I'd really question that last point, until he proves otherwise.

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am not sure how many QB's make the move to DT or DE @Harry

There is precedent.

Brandis Dew

The 6-5, 290-pound Dew made his first career start at left end at Tulsa last week. He has played in all seven games this season and leads the Miners in tackles for losses (4.5) and sacks (2.5). Dew has also been credited with 11 tackles, two pass break-ups and a team-high four quarterback hurries.

UTEP Athletics

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Listed as RB on the roster

I liked watching him on the field at the HoD. Not playing but supporting his teammates. Coaching them up, greeting them as they came off the field. He needs to playing time somewhere for that effort alone. 

7 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am not sure how many QB's make the move to DT or DE @Harry

H-Back and the Chum-dozer on short yard/goal line situation....reference to the Bell-Dozer from OU a couple of years ago. 

9 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

He has to prove that he can stay healthy and shine in a certain position. To date, he has done neither. Needs a really strong offseason with Womack to enable him solid opportunities in spring.

He must demonstrate a hunger and willingness to move positions, and mix it up physically at spots other than QB. I'd really question that last point, until he proves otherwise.

If he had the mindset, I'd love to see him at DE. Not sounding that way, though.

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I liked watching him on the field at the HoD. Not playing but supporting his teammates. Coaching them up, greeting them as they came off the field. He needs to playing time somewhere for that effort alone. 

H-Back and the Chum-dozer on short yard/goal line situation....reference to the Bell-Dozer from OU a couple of years ago. 

We don't need a bunch of hype guys on scholarship on the sidelines. We need players. Here's to hoping that he finds a position that he can excel at and make it on the field

5 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Yeah, but does his body say 'RB' to you? Maybe as a hybrid FB/TE kind of guy?

The way he runs says BIG powerful back that will make you pay to me.  I agree he looks like a WR but I love the idea of him at RB 

9 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

That's what I'm thinking.  If he had the mindset to play physical we may have already seen him moved to the defensive line.  

Wasn't there a picture earlier this year with him and the DL?  I thought he didn't play all year was because of injury?  Either way, he looks like a beast.  They should find a way to get him on the field.....Chum-Dozer