Feb. 25 vs. Southern Miss    W

Mar. 2 at Western Kentucky    L

Mar. 4 at Marshall    L

Predicted conference record: 12-6

Predicted overall record: 18-12

Notes on my optimistic prediction:

• C-USA has been sucking so far this year
  • Rice has a good record, but is playing an easier schedule than us
  • Old Dominion is always a threat, but predicting a home win; their offense has struggled this year.
  • Predicting a home win vs. Louisiana Tech in midst of anticipated nine-game win streak because we have upset Bulldogs at home last two years
  • Four road wins is a stretch to me, too, but I think we can do it
  • Upvote 1

I believe we are going 9-9 with another .500 win season. One win in conference tournament and then we head home. New coach will be hired about a month after...  hate to lose Frazier and Reese to this season. One more year of Combs so we need a home run hire. Lawson and Woolridge are solid building blocks for any coach. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Looking at UNT and other CUSA teams here http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm and adding a couple of points for Woolridge and Frazier, UNT is headed for a 5-13 conference record. A mild upset somewhere would push this to 6-12. 

The wins would come against Southern Mississippi (1-9) twice, Charlotte (home game only), UTEP (1-9), and UTSA (3-8). Unless UNT pulls off an upset at Charlotte this weekend, it could be 0-5 before getting a win in the Pit against Southern Mississippi. Games two through five are against teams with a combined 30-16 record and an aggregate Sagarin rating that is 10 points over UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12/27/2016 at 9:16 AM, Andrew said:

I believe we are going 9-9 with another .500 win season. One win in conference tournament and then we head home. New coach will be hired about a month after...  hate to lose Frazier and Reese to this season. One more year of Combs so we need a home run hire. Lawson and Woolridge are solid building blocks for any coach. 

I had that thought originally but started looking who we have played and how we played I had to back my prediction down.   Andrew believes in the mean green.   I wonder if Benford goes 9-9 if he keeps his job.  You know next year his team will come together or the year after or the year after that.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I had that thought originally but started looking who we have played and how we played I had to back my prediction down.   Andrew believes in the mean green.   I wonder if Benford goes 9-9 if he keeps his job.  You know next year his team will come together or the year after or the year after that.

No way he gets another shot if he has a .500 record. This is supposed to be his great team, either he goes to NCAA or he is back to being an assistant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/26/2016 at 9:34 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Dec. 31 at Charlotte    L

Jan. 2 at Old Dominion    L

Jan. 5 vs. UAB    W

Jan. 7 vs MTSU    L

Jan. 14 at Rice    L

Jan. 19 at Southern Miss    W

Jan. 21 at Louisiana Tech    L

Jan. 26 vs Charlotte    W

Jan. 28 vs. Old Dominion    L