New Commit 10/25

TheReal_jayD

21 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Its Dline with a nice offer list!! I will have more once kid announces 

HEHE I beat lost to you. :p

5 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

The lack of TV publicity this year has been brutal and kind of unacceptable. We need a DFW/East Texas local station dedicated to this program 

This.... Mr. Wren Baker please!! Make this happen it would be cool! 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

What I don't get is with UNT being known as a school for Radio and TV... why don't we broadcast on the Ticket with their UNT Alumi, along with having the students film and produce the games and we give out free links to High school coaches for them to give out to players? 

This gives the students real-world practice with the equipment and gives the players a chance to see us play. 

Also, something else I have noticed, and not sure if others have.. but all/most of this kids we are bringing in seem to be coming from winning programs... 

24 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

What I don't get is with UNT being known as a school for Radio and TV... why don't we broadcast on the Ticket with their UNT Alumi, along with having the students film and produce the games and we give out free links to High school coaches for them to give out to players? 

This gives the students real-world practice with the equipment and gives the players a chance to see us play. 

Also, something else I have noticed, and not sure if others have.. but all/most of this kids we are bringing in seem to be coming from winning programs... 

The Ticket broadcasts SMU games

To hell with The Ticket then. Get our radio and TV guys on it and have them do it. Link our KTNU broadcast guys to the live feed that is shot by our students. Push these students to road games and get a local television deal going on with one of the OTA channels. I can't imagine, with a little leg work from the university and athletic department, this can't be done. It would be gold and I think the ratings would justify this as a possibility (in a good year). We have very forgiving fans, but we also have fans that will run into the woods to hide when we are bad. We will have to be good to get this off the ground. This year is a good a year to at least get momentum behind the idea. 

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

To hell with The Ticket then. Get our radio and TV guys on it and have them do it. Link our KTNU broadcast guys to the live feed that is shot by our students. Push these students to road games and get a local television deal going on with one of the OTA channels. I can't imagine, with a little leg work from the university and athletic department, this can't be done. It would be gold and I think the ratings would justify this as a possibility (in a good year). We have very forgiving fans, but we also have fans that will run into the woods to hide when we are bad. We will have to be good to get this off the ground. This year is a good a year to at least get momentum behind the idea. 

Why doesn't your job give its product away to UNT fans?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, forevereagle said:

If you can rewrite the rule book in your favor, why leave?

Exactly,  leaving the G5 behind for good would open up a huge legal fight and probably get state legislatures and maybe even Congress involved.

They can just structure FBS to get anything they want.

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

The Ticket isn't some independent radio station. You do realize it's owned by the second largest radio conglomerate?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

The Ticket isn't some independent radio station. You do realize it's owned by the second largest radio conglomerate?

I'm not concerned about the ticket. That's irrelevant. I'm concerned about getting UNT athletics serious regional exposure. The current setup is a not going to make sustaining anything potentially built up feasible. Watching road games this year outside of our tradiotional "must-have" P5 game has been either 1) pitiful or 2) impossible. There has to be a way to get this team on a local TV network 12 times a year. Just about 36 whole hours a year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I'm not concerned about the ticket. That's irrelevant. I'm concerned about getting UNT athletics serious regional exposure. The current setup is a not going to make sustaining anything potentially built up feasible. Watching road games this year outside of our tradiotional "must-have" P5 game has been either 1) pitiful or 2) impossible. There has to be a way to get this team on a local TV network 12 times a year. Just about 36 whole hours a year. 

And a pony!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

This would be lovely and I don't get why we are throwing a fit over it. UTSA has all of their games televised locally. Depending on ratings that may not happen again next year for them but I don't know their TV deal. This was a big year and they just haven't been very good.

If we can get most of our games televised locally, our staff will need to make D*mn sure we're good that year so we can get enough people tuning in to justify it for the next year. If UTSA can get done we should be able to as well.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

KNTU is one of the most powerful college stations (as far as the tower goes) in the country and can be heard all the way down to Duncanville. Plus we are on another station more locally found, I believe. If you want to find our games on the radio, you can.

TV coverage is absolutely pitiful, our games are never on streaming even. Unacceptable. This should be our concern, not being on the Ticket. Which, by the way, is just about the only DFW station that will get us in edgewise when we're good at sports. Hell, Hardline has broadcasted from the Pit for a big basketball game.

When Mac was new and we had an upward buzz, TXA21 got in on the action. We were 1-11 last year. Take our media lumps this year, do better next.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

KNTU is one of the most powerful college stations (as far as the tower goes) in the country and can be heard all the way down to Duncanville. Plus we are on another station more locally found, I believe. If you want to find our games on the radio, you can.

TV coverage is absolutely pitiful, our games are never on streaming even. Unacceptable. This should be our concern, not being on the Ticket. Which, by the way, is just about the only DFW station that will get us in edgewise when we're good at sports. Hell, Hardline has broadcasted from the Pit for a big basketball game.

When Mac was new and we had an upward buzz, TXA21 got in on the action. We were 1-11 last year. Take our media lumps this year, do better next.

I have streamed every game this year.  With that said they could do better on game day illustrating the how and the where of streaming that days game. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

There has to be a way to get this team on a local TV network 12 times a year. Just about 36 whole hours a year. 

There is a sure fire 100% guaranteed way to get those games on tv. Open up the Gooding checkbook and buy that airtime from TXA21 or some other local affiliate.

Otherwise we have to hope SL Improves the program to the point that Baker can sell carrying those games to the local affiliates.

37 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

I have streamed every game this year.  With that said they could do better on game day illustrating the how and the where of streaming that days game. 

You can stream through us, admittedly, but the quality is pretty bad. We've had three or four games that were not easily available.

31 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

There is a sure fire 100% guaranteed way to get those games on tv. Open up the Gooding checkbook and buy that airtime from TXA21 or some other local affiliate.

Otherwise we have to hope SL Improves the program to the point that Baker can sell carrying those games to the local affiliates.

Sounds good. Setup a gofundme page called the "Gooding checkbook" and all money will be funneled right into the athletic department. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

You can stream through us, admittedly, but the quality is pretty bad. We've had three or four games that were not easily available.

I believe I streamed every game through the CUSA website with the exception of Army which I had to stream through their website.  The quality of the Rice broadcast was terrible but all the others I was fairly impressed.

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

I believe I streamed every game through the CUSA website with the exception of Army which I had to stream through their website.  The quality of the Rice broadcast was terrible but all the others I was fairly impressed.

I've had the same experience.  Living in Richmond, VA I was able to watch one game on the FSSW equivalent in this area.  Overall the quality has been good other than the Rice game.  However, having games for fee on television where someone can easily flip to it would be much more accessible to fans. 

19 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Then they need to kick rocks. But once they do they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves "college" football. They should go ahead and be open about their payment to players so we can expedite the process. They can be semi-professional football players and they don't even have to be students or affiliated with the educational part of the university. As for real college athletics, I am sure we'll gladly carry the torch. 

I agree.  Kind of like Mexico's soccer league.  UNAM (Pumas) stands for National Autonomous University of Mexico.  And, UANL (Tigres) stands for Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León.  They are the teams of the universities, but considered professional teams.  

Several Mexican futbol teams have this type of set up. 

2 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

My only problem with the radio broadcast is that it lacks a meaningful postgame show.  It's very short.  Maybe 30 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

Channel 21 would be great sometime in the near future, but I sure wish we could do something about our radio situation. We have quite a few recruits south of I-20 in both FB and BB, and I could barely pick up the Army game in my car just south of 1-20 in Arlington last Saturday. 95.3 just seems to be a weaker overlap of 88.1. I remember not long ago when I could pick up our games in East Texas and on I-45 halfway to Houston. I guess that was from our old Longview affiliate.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

My only problem with the radio broadcast is that it lacks a meaningful postgame show.  It's very short.  Maybe 30 minutes. 

I have to agree.  I stream the broadcast from the KNTU website and I am always a bit disappointed when the post game is over.  it is so short and doesn't really go into depth at all.  We have good personalities on the air for the pregame show, the kids doa  great job, and we have great professionals doing the broadcasts.  Can't we find at least an hour of content in there somewhere?