Coach Litrell Press Conference and Coaches Show

Harry

there you go.... plain as day.  Love that coach littrell addressed both this situation and laughingly addressed the matt davis hit IN THE OPEN FIELD with a nice form tackle I might add...   just wish it wasn't down field so much, but meh.

Suck it coach butterteeth and the idiot florida faithful....  The southern dummy stereo type exists for a reason I guess... 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SHOSS said:

there you go.... plain as day.  Love that coach littrell addressed both this situation and laughingly addressed the matt davis hit IN THE OPEN FIELD with a nice form tackle I might add...   just wish it wasn't down field so much, but meh.

Suck it coach butterteeth and the idiot florida faithful....  The southern dummy stereo type exists for a reason I guess... 

You do realize that Texas is considered to be in the south, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

9 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

You do realize that Texas is considered to be in the south, right?

Don't start the Texas vs. South argument....please for the love of god save that for another forum. 

As far as the New Denton question in the pc.... there seems to be one dumb question every pc that Littrell just seems to laugh off and throw back to whoever asks it.  Can't tell if it's the same guy each time but it sure isn't BV

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He spent a lot of time taking the offense to task about preparations during the week last week, calling them "immature".  Then, interesting comments about making changes if need be on offense if players aren't performing...   Mentioned route-running alot.  Wonder if there are some WRs he's not happy with.

I noticed that too. Very curious. Makes me what happened in practice.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

I noticed that too. Very curious. Makes me what happened in practice.

I wonder if they weren't responding to a win the way coach would have liked. This is a young team and for many on the team, the win against Bethune-Cookman was only the second win they played in of their college careers. I remember reading something about coach Litrell telling a player (I believe on defense) the way he was behaving was 1-11 sh*t and that he (Litrell) wasn't going 1-11.

The coaching staff has a lot to work on with this team and part of what they need to work on is teaching the team how to be winners. That means how to respond to a win, preparing for a game regardless of the outcome of the previous game, preparing for a game regardless of opponent, and more. The players have shown by how much they celebrate on the field that they love to bask in the glory of making a play. Similar to the aftermath of winning a game, you have to forget and move on. There's always work to be done. This staff knows what it takes to win at the college level both as players and coaches (some more than others). I believe they will help this team grow leaps and bounds but in the meantime, all growing pains.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I wonder if they weren't responding to a win the way coach would have liked. This is a young team and for many on the team, the win against Bethune-Cookman was only the second win they played in of their college careers. I remember reading something about coach Litrell telling a player (I believe on defense) the way he was behaving was 1-11 sh*t and that he (Litrell) wasn't going 1-11.

The coaching staff has a lot to work on with this team and part of what they need to work on is teaching the team how to be winners. That means how to respond to a win, preparing for a game regardless of the outcome of the previous game, preparing for a game regardless of opponent, and more. The players have shown by how much they celebrate on the field that they love to bask in the glory of making a play. Similar to the aftermath of winning a game, you have to forget and move on. There's always work to be done. This staff knows what it takes to win at the college level both as players and coaches (some more than others). I believe they will help this team grow leaps and bounds but in the meantime, all growing pains.

Great points.  I also wonder since we have so many young players or transfers that the demands of school are catching up to them.  The daily grind of football work and school work is tough and they have to learn how to handle it.