MGB: UNT opens spring tomorrow, sked, policy for attending

Brett Vito

UNT’s practices will be closed to fans this year. The first 40 minutes of each workout, which is usually nothing more than warmups and some early drills, will be open to the media and Mean Green Club members. A UNT spokesman said there might be some exceptions for certain boosters and VIPs. Former UNT coach Dan McCarney always opened up spring practice for whoever wanted to come by.

Why would you not want to open up practices to fans and try to get as much media coverage as possible? 

Just now, Harry said:

UNT’s practices will be closed to fans this year. The first 40 minutes of each workout, which is usually nothing more than warmups and some early drills, will be open to the media and Mean Green Club members. A UNT spokesman said there might be some exceptions for certain boosters and VIPs. Former UNT coach Dan McCarney always opened up spring practice for whoever wanted to come by.

So Littrell goes from saying anyone is welcome to .. "exceptions for certain boosters".  Yeah.... that wasn't his call at all.

I'm now at the point where I will gladly line up outside the AD when he and his cronies pack their bags and cheer loudly as they get in their cars one last time.

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Why would you not want to open up practices to fans and try to get as much media coverage as possible? 

I guess you can get enough out of the first 40 minutes each session to merit "media coverage".

They would be wise to allow Vito to stay for the remainder.   Kick the MGC members out after the first 40 min. too, who cares?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Once you decide to bunker in, just keep adding sandbags...

So much this. RV doesn't want to be confronted by angry fans. I'm sure special arrangements will be made for the only 17 fans that matter, the same 17 fans that have obliterated this program to protect a friend. 

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

They would be wise to allow Vito to stay for the remainder.   

Hahahahahahaha. Vito may face even more restrictions. The way this program treats the only serious reporter to cover the shit they put on the field/court never ceases to amaze. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, NTAlum09 said:

A UNT spokesman said there might be some exceptions for certain boosters and VIPs.

Lol what a crock of shit, I didn't know this was a fraternity party.

Closing ranks. If you have given in to the @flyonthewall PM campaign to manipulate you into supporting Rick Villarreal, you just might get an invite (if he tried it with me, I'm sure he tried it with others). 

This will be a private club team before RV is done. 

Have fun losing.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

1-11 this past season and you have to be a big time donor or a VIP member to watch spring practices? Lol this is a dang circus of a athletic department

Since when did we become Club Apogee? Are we going to have buy bottle service at the games to get in now?

Edited by NTAlum09
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Implementing completely new offense and defense.  Probably going to work to see who needs to get weeded out of the program as well, one could speculate.  Some real tough, come to Jesus type stuff perhaps.  No reason to close practices at all, right?  

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Closing ranks. If you have given in to the @flyonthewall PM campaign to manipulate you into supporting Rick Villarreal, you just might get an invite (if he tried it with me, I'm sure he tried it with others). 

This will be a private club team before RV is done. 

Have fun losing.

Sold your tickets?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1