GAME ON! CHEER BB CLASSIC!

KRAM1

Just a reminder that our 6th annual benefit basketball game for the UNT Cheer Team is fast approaching!  The game is scheduled for Sat., FEB. 27th with a 1PM tip-off in the UNT Volleyball Gym off Bonnie Brae in the Mean Green Village.  Doors will be open around NOON for check-in and warm up.  We will try to tip as close to 1pm as possible.

I have the player shirts...they look great...and am continuing to collect silent auction items.  There is still time to donate an item for the silent auction if you would like.  Anything from Mean Green stuff to restaurant and entertainment gift cards, to you name it.  If you would like to donate just PM me and we will figure out how best to get the item to the event or to me prior to the event on the 27th.

ALSO...the GoFundMe site is still up at https://www.gofundme.com/9parj2nk  for anyone who would like to pay their player fees ahead of registration ($30) or who might still like to make a donation to the scholarship fund.

We will have the concession stand open with a few items as well...some drinks, candy, chips...you get the idea.  ALL proceeds from the concession items also go to the Cheer Team scholarship fund as do the proceeds from our silent auction.

There is no admission fee to come watch, participate in the half-time half-court 50/50 shot contest, bid on items in the silent auction or to simply come cheer your favorite player and/or team...or to kibbitz any and all.  We would love to see a nice crowd out to help create a festive atmosphere for the event.  The more the merrier as they say.

After the game there is a women's basketball game that tips off at 2pm.  Our game should conclude in time for anyone wishing to attend the women's game against Southern Miss to head over to the Super Pit for the action.

If anyone has any questions or needs any additional information, simply PM me here and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

• Upvote 7

So I was going to wait to announce my availability to see the spread first but baby Cooper Ryan Else is here!! 9lbs 11oz

Momma is doing well and so is Cooper

See y'all at center court LOL

32 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

OH, ye of little faith.  I told your coach that you would score at least 20?

I will tell you this if he (@GMG24)  scores 20 it's all from the outside no easy buckets

#rimprotector

Edited by MEANGREENCOACH2
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

So I was going to wait to announce my availability to see the spread first but baby Cooper Ryan Else is here!! 9lbs 11oz

Momma is doing well and so is Cooper

See y'all at center court LOL

I will tell you this if he (@GMG24)  scores 20 it's all from the outside no easy buckets

#rimprotector

Congrats DAD!  Super happy to hear that Mom (who did all the tough work) and wee guy Cooper are doing well.  Will be glad to have you on the court.  Welcome!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yes we are favored :)

So I am assuming Andrew is the coach of the team I am on. Well, I am a good jogger. I do like to walk though. But then I'll jog a little more. I can dribble unassisted as long as no one is around me or tries to cut me off. I am a good catch and shoot kind of player, but I like to dribble a few times like I am on the free throw line before I shoot. That about sums up my game. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

So I am assuming Andrew is the coach of the team I am on. Well, I am a good jogger. I do like to walk though. But then I'll jog a little more. I can dribble unassisted as long as no one is around me or tries to cut me off. I am a good catch and shoot kind of player, but I like to dribble a few times like I am on the free throw line before I shoot. That about sums up my game. 

Sounds better than most haha.

gmg coach is supposed to be the best player and we have him so we will win...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Stop giving them bulletin board material.  Come on, do some generic coach speak or something. . . 

Andrew is an expert coach...knows what Benny should be doing ..he does no coach speak...and like we need bulletin board material...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Stop giving them bulletin board material.  Come on, do some generic coach speak or something. . . 

All right we are going to run a half court trap, 2-3 extended zone, and man on defense. Motion offense and mix it up with a flex. That's what guyer ran so we will to. 

Fyi next week Guyer plays at Coppell. Everyone should come out! Going to be a great game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

All right we are going to run a half court trap, 2-3 extended zone, and man on defense. Motion offense and mix it up with a flex. That's what guyer ran so we will to. 

Fyi next week Guyer plays at Coppell. Everyone should come out! Going to be a great game.

I don't think you understand the motion offense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Andrew said:

Mark what's the score going to be? Who is going to win? Who is the player off the game going to be?

Ha!  I have no crystal ball...and this year...no trophies as we do not have the after event party due to the women's basketball game that tips off just after our game concludes.  We need to go watch that game.  That's why we scheduled the live draft pre-gathering at Eastside that, unfortunately, was very poorly attended.  Doubt we will try that again...hopefully a post game event next year...if there is a next year for this event.  I am thinking of getting a few folks together sometime after this year's event to see if this has "run its course" and if we might need to change to some other sort of event...softball, bowling, golf, corn hole or stay with basketball...who knows, but maybe it is time to give it some thought.  BUT, that is after this year...this is going to be great fun...as it always is.

FOLKS...please come out and support this event.  No admission fee, and you might just laugh until you cry.  Who, after reading this board, doesn't need something to make them laugh?  Come on...you know you do!

• Upvote 1