Charlotte (2/13/16)

Ben Gooding

56-35 halftime. 

There wasn't even a thread created until I made this one with about a minute left to go in the first half. This is where UNT basketball has fallen to....No one cares. The prez isn't going to do anything. Best case scenario is Benford is fired on Monday. That is placing a band-aid on a gashing wound and calling it fixed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

56-35 halftime. 

There wasn't even a thread created until I made this one with about a minute left to go in the first half. This is where UNT basketball has fallen to....No one cares. The prez isn't going to do anything. Best case scenario is Benford is fired on Monday. That is placing a band-aid on a gashing wound and calling it fixed. 

Agree that long-overdue action is required. At the risk of being labeled a softie, I would be getting my replacement ducks in a row for immediate discussions after the Big Dance and let "Lame Duck" play out the string at this point, to minimize turmoil and stress on all concerned. The writing is on the wall.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

56-35 halftime. 

I was working today.

It would have been nice to throw the date in the title though.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow. 56 first half points given up. Remember when Benford was hired and said we would play better defense and rebound better? 

We were immediately worse at both and have not improved. 

Please let it end soon and please let RV be shown the door alongside the hire he made and refused to fire...

My prediction is shortly after Benfird is fired, we will hear from particular posters how Benford wasn't RV's choice and RV was not only forced to hire him, but forced to keep him.

This is assuming, of course, that Benford is fired, Which I think is about 50/50. 

Hide and watch.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Observations. The team has SOME talent, but lacks the following. Absolutely no commitment to team defense, too many score first play no defense if I don't score attitude players. I can assure you if the coaching staff sat players they would get the message, play team defense play team offense or don't play at all.  It's funny how the other teams announcers always have the same comments, North Texas offense is stagnant and their teams are getting open shots. I say that occurs because the other teams MOVE the ball, players are moving and on defense the other teams seem to always have more movement. This team lacks commitment to play hard on the offense and defense. This team lacks interior toughness and their freshman big men haven't helped by being out of shape. Players have personal responsibility for theses attributes or lack of? The coaches have personal responsibilities in helping these players achieve these attributes and if the players fail to achieve them then the coach has the responsibility of sitting them until they can achieve them. The other teams with or without better players just play harder than UNT!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Wow. 56 first half points given up. Remember when Benford was hired and said we would play better defense and rebound better? 

We were immediately worse at both and have not improved. 

I am seeing yet again how you don't follow the program any longer...you would make a great politician....say one thing but do another.  Naw....you are too busy being our faux AD.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 11

51 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I am seeing yet again how you don't follow the program any longer...you would make a great politician....say one thing but do another.  Naw....you are too busy being our faux AD.

I've seen one game this year. At an opponent's arena. I haven't spent a penny on UNT basketball and only know they are playing by seeing it on here.

At this point, it's like a terrible car wreck on the side of the road. You hope for the best for the people in the car (the players), but you merely slow down to catch a glimps, but soon you are on your way again, other, more pressing matters in your head. 

Except this is like seeing a car crash every Thursday and Saturday. All winter long. Just take a look, shrug and say "wow, so sad," and back on your way.

And I don't need to be a faux-AD for UNT. They already have one.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Why have the men's programs just flat out SUCKED on the road in both sports the past two seasons?

Football: 0-13

Basketball: 4-20

Are these players coached to not believe in their skill when they go on the road, and just assume they're gonna lose? Is it our faults because we don't support them enough at home anyhow? If we play a school that we are better than, (and there are some in C-USA alone) then we should beat them no matter the arena. A lot of other teams in this conference have plenty of empty seats in their gym, too. It's not like all of our road games are at Assembly Hall or Chapel Hill.

• Upvote 1