MGB Saturday night recruiting notes

Brett Vito

21 minutes ago, greenit said:

I wouldn't say everyone, just a few that are very vocal.  We shall see if they are prophets or false prophets.  Still a long ways to go.

I don't think anyone was saying this staff can't win recruiting battles. Maybe saying they hadn't shown it, or that they needed to. Not that they couldn't.

Man, I'm still blown away by how juco heavy they're going. That's a huge pickup, though in Johnson. Probably first juco four-star we've signed since Cam Montgomery.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

I don't think anyone was saying this staff can't win recruiting battles. Maybe saying they hadn't shown it, or that they needed to. Not that they couldn't.

Man, I'm still blown away by how juco heavy they're going. That's a huge pickup, though in Johnson. Probably first juco four-star we've signed since Cam Montgomery.

I take this JUCO heavy thing as "let's win, and soon".

1 minute ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Did I read this correctly at the end of the article, it says Peek is coming as well? So the kid may switch from UNM? Or is someone new?

That's what I read, which indicates that both of us still have some eyesight left; good for this old man.

• Upvote 4

I still don't like the heavy JuCo focus, but at least they seem to be getting the class together and to start getting some more guys with potential. It is been surprisingly much good news tonight. That is 3 commits plus a likely flip if I count correctly.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

It certainly seems that the staff is selling the juco's on the fact that there is plenty of playing time available, especially on D.  And from the looks of it, the recruits are agreeing.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

JUCO heavy defense. Trying to get a quick fix there. Probably feel they can coach up the offense. 

• Upvote 2

From what I have seen most of these JUCOs have 2/3 years of playing time left, I think going JUCO heavy is the best way  to go for us this year, plus it will help us showcase hopefully what our defense can do and bring in talent younger kids...

Littrells offense doesn't seem to need/focus in on certain players, like he said in his openning presser and from what i saw in his UNC game vs. clemson. I think if he has a steady group of guys that will work. The O-Line should be good with most of them returning, and the QB should be good with Morris, RB should be set with Wilson, and WR has depth with the guys we have/will be bringing in.

The LB Johnson that we got tonite, I think will be that LB/S that we will be using in the 4-2-5, and with english we have a guy that is a good 1-tech that can just fight double teams/ hold his ground but is also explosive, if we were to add Bain i think he would be a great 3-tech with his length and explosiveness that was in his HS film... Then we have brought in 3/4 CBs so i'm assuming one of them will be moved to FS, which i would think would be 1st kid we got from West AZ... I think the biggest thing now is finding LB's because the DE's should be better if you can get some pressure up the middle

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

I take this JUCO heavy thing as "let's win, and soon".

That's what I read, which indicates that both of us still have some eyesight left; good for this old man.

It looks like Vito has changed the wording in the last paragraph and now it does not reference Peek.  It would seem odd that he would switch the day after committing to UNM, but it ain't over till it's over.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, greenit said:

I wouldn't say everyone, just a few that are very vocal.  We shall see if they are prophets or false prophets.  Still a long ways to go.

Not what I said at all, but why ruin your agenda, right?

See Billy's post above for truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1