MGB breaking news: Bryce English to UNT

Brett Vito

5 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

medical hardship waivers are gone now. So the question from me is will Bryce have 2 or 3 years left when he plays in 2017.

3 and maybe 4... "Hardship waiver" now means if it is a hardship you won't lose a year of eligibility like a regular transfer. If he did indeed redshirt last season like some indicated that would be another year of eligibility... Might be wrong. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 2

Damn, dude.  Littrell's not f'ing around here, is he?  I think my top wishlist aspect before the coach was hired was that we get somebody out there pounding pavement, knocking on doors, and recruiting so damn hard that the dinner knives in Glen Gary Glen Ross are seen as little more than an afterthought for losers.  Damn if he isn't stepping up to that plate.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

Damn, dude.  Littrell's not f'ing around here, is he?  I think my top wishlist aspect before the coach was hired was that we get somebody out there pounding pavement, knocking on doors, and recruiting so damn hard that the dinner knives in Glen Gary Glen Ross are seen as little more than an afterthought for losers.  Damn if he isn't stepping up to that plate.

He is taking a dump on McCarney from the get go. Love it!

• Upvote 2

Just now, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Fact is, we didn't get these approved very often to begin with and it was being heavily abused by the P5s. 

That's a myth. We did when they were legitimate cases that fit with precedent. Like Roger Franklin and Derek Thompson. Father having cancer would fit that, so he should still get it with the altered rule.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

That's a myth. We did when they were legitimate cases that fit with precedent. Like Roger Franklin and Derek Thompson. Father having cancer would fit that, so he should still get it with the altered rule.

It was the grey area cases that the bigger programs would abuse. That's the main reason they altered the rule. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Let's look at an uncomfortable aspect of this. Lee English has cancer. What's his survival prognosis? Depending on the answer to that question, young Mr. English will (or should) have a lot on his mind this year. I'm not sure that's the ideal circumstance for him re: being an immediate contributor to the program. This is a long way to say that sitting out a year is probably the ideal circumstance for everyone.

And maybe this is why the rule was changed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

And maybe this is why the rule was changed. 

Was the rule in fact changed? I have read that on here, but I can't find that online anywhere. 

Also, I am seeing on some recruiting pages that English was 330 pounds coming out of high school?? Hopefully K State helped him shed some of that in his redshirt season. 

3 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Really excited about English, but not fair to compare him to Booger. Booger was an All-American. Would be absolutely delighted if English became All-CUSA. 

He has the accolades he was a 79 ranked 3 star.. 1 point from 4 star. Stats say he's got more than a good shot at All-CUSA.  Lets go baby! 

30 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

If I'm not mistaken, English was committed to Texas at one time. And he also played on that Desoto D-line with two kids who signed with us but could never make their grades. Anyone know what happened to those two guys? 

I believe I saw one was on trinity Valley I believe. Not a hundred percent on that though