MGB breaking news: Bryce English to UNT

Brett Vito

So, I can't find anywhere on the KState athletics website where he played for a single down.  That would technically make this a red-shirt year.  He will have to sit out the 2016 season due to NCAA transfer rules making him eligible for 2017.

Huge pick up!

• Upvote 2

Lee English played at UNT.  I am glad to see his son on board.  I worked with Lee for several years when he was in Denton County. After he moved to the State of Washington I lost track of him.  He was always a Mean Green follower when he was here.  By the way Cortez Kennedy is Lee's nephew. 

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

So, I can't find anywhere on the KState athletics website where he played for a single down.  That would technically make this a red-shirt year.  He will have to sit out the 2016 season due to NCAA transfer rules making him eligible for 2017.

Huge pick up!

He probably will not have to sit out this year since his dad is battling cancer.

• Upvote 5

Just now, BillySee58 said:

He probably will not have to sit out this year since his dad is battling cancer.

If he is granted a hardship waiver, which is possible given his family's situation.  I didn't take that into account.  That means he would have four years left to play four on his eligibility clock.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Lee English played at UNT.  I am glad to see his son on board.  I worked with Lee for several years when he was in Denton County. After he moved to the State of Washington I lost track of him.  He was always a Mean Green follower when he was here.  By the way Cortez Kennedy is Lee's nephew. 

So he is related to booger also then?  Built a lot like booger 

• Upvote 2

Just now, All About UNT said:

Something must be up with Kincade... his Twitter went from happy and excited to announce to 

I'm not sure if we get him.......but I don't think that is on him for some reason.

Whoa. whats that about?

So excited to have English on the team!  This is fantastic!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Really? I never heard that, but I don't keep up with NCAA rules very well.

I had no idea either until lurking on the SMU board a couple weeks ago. Looked it up and sure enough...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-drops-immediate-eligibility-hardship-waiver-for-transfers-191437627.html

• Upvote 1