MGB: Morris transfer closer to being finalized, sources say

Brett Vito

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You need a new bit. It's a miracle @Harry hasn't banned you for trolling yet. I'm guessing some unsavory pictures of Harry from Bourbon St are involved.

So now you want a donor banned because he doesn't agree with you? Funny, I didn't call for you to be banned when you called me a Son of a Bitch, which is a clear violation of board rules, but you want me banned because of my opinion about the AD? 

Ok.

38 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Ignore his posts. Do not comment on his posts.

GO MEAN GREEN!

This guy gets it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, GreenBeer09 said:

i think best case next year is 6 wins but getting a person like Morris to transfer here is extremely positive . I also like the idea that he has had 3 years of being coached up by some of the best coaches in college football . He is far from a proven commodity, but I think consistent QB play would make a huge difference.

I'm curious about Morris and Smith and how they fair under new coaches. Markedly better QB play than we got last year will help hide some of our other flaws and may help show talent that wasn't able to be seen as well under the old system.

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

But you are right. My lonely opinions on this board will be responsible for the huge drop in MGC membership this year. 

I think it's possible that MGC membership will remain fairly flat. First, it's hard to have a huge drop when the membership is so small. Secondly, the recent uptick in marketing and a dead cat bounce from having a new coach could keep people on board at a greater rate than what might be expected following a 1-11 season.

Just now, UNT90 said:

So now you want a donor banned because he doesn't agree with you? Funny, I didn't call for you to be banned when you called my a Son of a Bitch, which is a clear violation of board rules, but you want me banned because of my opinion about the AD? 

Ok.

I'm pretty sure purposely derailing threads on a daily basis to fulfill your own agenda and to get under people's skin is trolling and grounds to be banned. Stop trying to sell "you just disagree with my opinion" BS. No one is buying it.

And my post that you're referring to currently has 16+ so what does that say about you?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Anyone who thinks RV(or someone in the AD that reports to him) doesn't read this board is fooling themselves. IIRC someone in the AD or maybe RV himself alluded to as much a few years ago. Just listen to his interviews on the Barbershop Podcast if you don't think he reads the board.

All you have to do is look at Littrell's opening press conference and his comments about the triple option to know that this board is monitored closely by the AD.

Which I find quite humorous

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm pretty sure purposely derailing threads on a daily basis to fulfill your own agenda and to get under people's skin is trolling and grounds to be banned. Stop trying to sell "you just disagree with my opinion" BS. No one is buying it.

And my post that you're referring to currently has 16+ so what does that say about you?

So if it's popular to violate rules and call someone a filthy name, it's ok? 

Some mighty good morals on display. 

How about this. How about you just put me on ignore and I just ignore your lapse in judgement. 

Deal?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

You will notice that the most vocal UNT90 critics seem to be "new" around here. Coincidence? I think not. If they had been here for all of the RV regime (and then some), like I have, they might better understand the truth coming from UNT90.

I've only been around UNT for 5 years and even I understand how terrible RV is. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

You will notice that the most vocal UNT90 critics seem to be "new" around here. Coincidence? I think not. If they had been here for all of the RV regime (and then some), like I have, they might better understand the truth coming from UNT90.

I noticed, but I'm trying to be fair to them and understand they may just be new and haven't have the repeated kicks to the teeth and balls more seasoned fans have had to endure. I hope their optimistic views all come to fruition, it sure would make it more fun around here...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Anyone who thinks RV(or someone in the AD that reports to him) doesn't read this board is fooling themselves. IIRC someone in the AD or maybe RV himself alluded to as much a few years ago. Just listen to his interviews on the Barbershop Podcast if you don't think he reads the board.

I will add that I suspect many of the "new posters in town" are in fact shills for RV. In more than 25 years of following the Mean Green, I can't ever remember encountering other fans with attitudes and sentiments like those I have seen expressed by some here. Not even if we were liquored up before kickoff! Or maybe they are just "in the closet" in public.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Some are even "new" since the banner flew.

Hmmmmm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

All you have to do is look at Littrell's opening press conference and his comments about the triple option to know that this board is monitored closely by the AD.

Which I find quite humorous

Really?   Littrell cannot even crack a joke without it being a conspiracy?   He was making a joke homie... It's just a joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenBeer09 said:

Unt90 , I don't think you understand how much I agree with everything you say . You are completely right in your opinions of the athletic department in general. My only beef is look at what the title of this thread is. It isn't about any of those things. 

And I made one joke/observation that people just couldn't let go. 

And then they made this thread completely about me.

So silly this place is these days.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Really?   Littrell cannot even crack a joke without it being a conspiracy?   He was making a joke homie... It's just a joke.

And how did he know to make THAT joke and why did he look directly at RV when he made it?

Im just saying that the AD spends far more time monitoring this sight than they should and that joke by Littrell proves that out...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

And how did he know to make THAT joke and why did he look directly at RV when he made it?

Im just saying that the AD spends far more time monitoring this sight than they should and that joke by Littrell proves that out...

What are your thoughts on JFK's assasination and Area 51?
How 'bout Bush's involvement in 9/11?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm excited about Alec Morris coming to NT.  Is it against NCAA rules for me to ask Alec to try on his National championship ring ?  I guess I could've asked MaC.

Let me tell everyone what I like about UNT90....

Here's a guy that like me, is not satisfied with North Texas Athletics.  Like me, thinks NT can be better and expects us to be.  But unlike many that have come and gone over the years, he's still here.  He's here buying season tickets, paying for or paid for Club seats, and keeping up his membership in the Mean Green Club.  While his methods may not be my own, I admire that he's here complaining instead of writing letters to the editor about what a bad program NT is.  He's sitting in his season ticket seat wanting us to be better. 

All I'm saying is I'd rather have him in Apogee wanting a better product than outside Apogee not caring at all.

I don't know UNT90 and he did not approve of this message.  I appreciate him and all season ticket holders and Mean Green members.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

You really believe that joke was completely random?

Yes.  yes I do.  
Because when a dude who clearly runs an Air Raid is commenting on "What kind of offense are you going to run here?", it's 'funny' if he mentions the complete opposite type of offense.  Maybe he and RV were the only ones in the room laughing as it was not really all that funny.  He's not Jimmy Fallon, he's a football coach.  
Bad football joke or not, it's just a joke y'all.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yes.  yes I do.  
Because when a dude who clearly runs an Air Raid is commenting on "What kind of offense are you going to run here?", it's 'funny' if he mentions the complete opposite type of offense.  Maybe he and RV were the only ones in the room laughing as it was not really all that funny.  He's not Jimmy Fallon, he's a football coach.  
Bad football joke or not, it's just a joke y'all.  

This is why RV picked you to be saved from the GMG fire.

• Upvote 4

I don't want to get in between, but I would like to say that while I think 90 has a good point, it would be nice to be able to talk about other things on the board, too. Maybe you can cut down the number of threads you take in this direction, 90. I think more people would want to hear what you have to say if you wouldn't hijack every conversation.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I don't doubt the truth of his statements. And my freshman year at UNT was 2004 so I have very little evidense to think this athletic department knows how to turn this program into what we all want it to be, but I do like the moves that have been made recently and am excited about players like Morris.

I have been lurking on this website since my college days but used it mainly as a source for info about the goings on in the program. I will try to participate more in conversations in the future. Sorry that my comments helped derail this thread from the positive aspect of Morris coming here.

• Upvote 1