My take

GrandGreen

1. The offense gained 478 yards and the defense gave up 562 yards.  I am not sure why so many think this loss was an offensive or more partially a QB problem. 

2.  Great to see the tight ends extensively thrown to, and responding.  

3.  Not a great sign to have your two safeties make so many tackles, McClain 16, Gray 12. 

4.  Special teams took a big step back this week.  Why have Macek punt, when Keena is doing so well?  

5.  Despite poor defensive effort overall, good to see some pressure on QB.  Roberts with 21/2 of 4 sacks.

6. Outside of Gray, disappointed in juco's play so far this year.  Jucos need to produce early and significantly.    

7. Offensive line greatly improved from SMU game.

8.  Bad fumble by Ivory, but he demonstrated he needs more playing time.

9.  Game balls to Harris and Roberts.

10. I don't want to hear anymore about that bogus home field record accomplishment.  

11. Again, RV; why did you extend McCarney's contract?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1. The offense gained 478 yards and the defense gave up 562 yards.  I am not sure why so many think this loss was an offensive or more partially a QB problem. 

2.  Great to see the tight ends extensively thrown to, and responding.  

3.  Not a great sign to have your two safeties make so many tackles, McClain 16, Gray 12. 

4.  Special teams took a big step back this week.  Why have Macek punt, when Keena is doing so well?  

5.  Despite poor defensive effort overall, good to see some pressure on QB.  Roberts with 21/2 of 4 sacks.

6. Outside of Gray, disappointed in juco's play so far this year.  Jucos need to produce early and significantly.    

7. Offensive line greatly improved from SMU game.

8.  Bad fumble by Ivory, but he demonstrated he needs more playing time.

9.  Game balls to Harris and Roberts.

10. I don't want to hear anymore about that bogus home field record accomplishment.  

11. Again, RV; why did you extend McCarney's contract?

your take had 2 valid points...10 & 11. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

ok? 

for a bit, then flipped by it in between real football games. 

Please enlighten us with your infinite football wisdom, line by line, why you dispute the other 9 points made.  I want to know...I'm just trying to be as dialed in to what's going on as you are.  Especially since you can speak to each point without having watched the game in truth.  NOW THAT'S TALENT!!!

I'll wait while you look up statistics online to tailor your issue with each point made 

Edited by tmjerm
Left out a point

ok? 

got it. Pretty much proves my point. 

ok? 

maybe you can give us a break down from reading the box score. Like Tmjerm said, you obviously have Amazon talent to be able to do that. You should be. Recruiter or the Mean Green. They could really use your skills....

It was on a fox channel. 

I dunno, I flipped back n forth and stopped watching entirely at 31-10. It's unbearable at this point. 

got it. Pretty much proves my point. 

maybe you can give us a break down from reading the box score. Like Tmjerm said, you obviously have Amazon talent to be able to do that. You should be. Recruiter or the Mean Green. They could really use your skills....

Recruiter? To tell them that we aren't talented specifically at THE most important position on the field? Don't get pissed at me because we suck. It's not my fault. 

• Downvote 2

JUCO receiver Thompson played well.

Caught all three passes thrown his way in the first half, including two first downs.  

Targeted twice in the second half, No chance at catching those passes, they were in the stratosphere.

Once the tunnel vision comes off of Harris, then other receivers will produce

Most JUCOs take about a half season to become acclimated to the game at this level and start contributing. That is another reason more established programs shy away from JUCOs except in rare cases.

You may have a point, if you are talking about players coming from small programs.

Thompson comes fro 6A Cibolo Steele, who play at the State Championship level virtually every year.

Also he torched Nationally ranked secondaries @ Scottsdale, and won the Bowl Game MVP.

He is ready now, they need to target him more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was on a fox channel. 

I dunno, I flipped back n forth and stopped watching entirely at 31-10. It's unbearable at this point. 

Recruiter? To tell them that we aren't talented specifically at THE most important position on the field? Don't get pissed at me because we suck. It's not my fault. 

coaching is obviously an issue, but your stating we don't have talent. We do, we just have poor coaching. 

Seems like speed and strength is there, but execution, sometimes I think this team couldn't execute a murdering rapist terrorist in Huntsville.

it's just frustrating because we see so many fundamentals that are missed. The muffed punt was unacceptable. It just seems like the coaches don't care, and the answer we get from the head coach is "we just have to execute better". No, stuff like that is on the coaches. That needs to be corrected in practice. It needs to be discussed before the game even happens. They are coaching kids. 

• Upvote 1

JUCO receiver Thompson played well.

Caught all three passes thrown his way in the first half, including two first downs.  

Targeted twice in the second half, No chance at catching those passes, they were in the stratosphere.

Once the tunnel vision comes off of Harris, then other receivers will produce

You may have a point, if you are talking about players coming from small programs.

Thompson comes fro 6A Cibolo Steele, who play at the State Championship level virtually every year.

Also he torched Nationally ranked secondaries @ Scottsdale, and won the Bowl Game MVP.

He is ready now, they need to target him more.

Agree.  And I don't even recall Goree being targeted.  We can't afford to waste guys like this.

Guys;...the muffed punt was killer but it happens at every level.  If you don't think they work on this, you're crazy.  Keenan Allen muffed a punt in the 1st qtr for the Chargers yesterday that set up an easy Bengals TD.  Sometimes athletes make mistakes and it has nothing to do with coaching.  Are all NBA coaches terrible because their teams only shoot 74% from the foul line???

• Upvote 1