SMU now -5

Coach Andy Mac

I don't think this is much due to belief in SMU as just  not having a clue what we will throw out there. 

After listening to the McCarney radio show -- I am encouraged.  He seems encouraged which is good. 

I know that not playing the opening week was  a bummer but it certainly has made the anticipation for this next game intense.

I feel like the only thing SMU has going for them is that UNT hasn't won a road game since 2013.

UNT has not won a road opener since Ball State in Dodge's second year, and has not won at SMU in more than 80 years! BTW the crowd at last night's coaches show was among the smallest of those I have attended and was very mellow and uninspired. I hope this attitude changes by Sat.

• Upvote 2

UNT has not won a road opener since Ball State in Dodge's second year, and has not won at SMU in more than 80 years! BTW the crowd at last night's coaches show was among the smallest of those I have attended and was very mellow and uninspired. I hope this attitude changes by Sat.

It was also a holiday, so take that into account.

All they have to compare is 2014 UNT to 2015 SMU. We all know 2014 UNT was bad and 2015 SMU looked pretty good against the #4 team in the country. It all seems pretty rational to me. Until we prove that 2015 UNT is better than 2014 UNT, and more importantly 2015 SMU, this is going to happen.

I think this has A LOT to do with questions about what we will put on the field at QB.

It also speaks volumes about the perception of this program by the general public. 

We do not have a QB and our Oline is unproven.  Throw what looks to be a great coach on the otherside.  -5 seems about right. 

• Upvote 6

BTW the crowd at last night's coaches show was among the smallest of those I have attended and was very mellow and uninspired. 

You can only beat a horse so much until it becomes listless and uncaring.  Perhaps that's the desired effect.  I find it really difficult to care one way or the other anymore, and paying my annual dues is an exercise akin to paying my electric bill -- it's there every year, I pay it every year, but I don't put much thought into it.

The exchange seems to be that one side receives money and the other receives virtual Prozac, thereby living a life completely devoid of thrill or despair.  Always even keel, never waves.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Might have been a bigger crowd if folks knew it was taking place on Labor Day.  No email to MGC members, no mention in the MGC regular announcements emails....only spot was on meangreensports.com. Why the schedule was not sent out in the last regular MGC email is a mystery to me. 

I had no clue it was starting on Labor Day until about 3PM that afternoon.  I am glad I made it as the show was pretty good and I always enjoy hearing from a couple of our players.  As another Mean Green fan mentioned to me...all the Iowa and Iowa State talk by Mac finally has some relevance!  Priceless comment.

• Upvote 6

I don't think this is much due to belief in SMU as just  not having a clue what we will throw out there. 

After listening to the McCarney radio show -- I am encouraged.  He seems encouraged which is good. 

I know that not playing the opening week was  a bummer but it certainly has made the anticipation for this next game intense.

What head coach isn't encouraged going into game 1?

• Upvote 1