UNT Bye Week Question

cogido

We blew it. RV got lazy and apparently last minute he tried to throw Northern Arizona on the week 1 schedule. Their AD was all about it, but the HC there said no. Instead Northern Arizona is @ SFA in week 1. It was never official because it was never announced or even hinted at because my bet is that RV drug feet to get a week 1 date booked. So, we have a week 1 bye and a last minute game booked midseason with Portland State which was conveniently tagged as our HC. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Per Rick last night, Northern Arizona was scheduled, but backed out.

really? Because that game was never announced by either school. This is the same guy that lied about Tulsa as an excuse for the current 5 home game schedule. How can you believe anything he says? Especially on this topic?

The real reason is terrible scheduling by the AD of UNT.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It is a scare from a cesarean section. Used for child birth.

In some respects RV has done some great things (stadium, business relationships, hiring Coach Mac). One thing he has never been good at is scheduling. Is it easy? Hell no. Still, it is a huge part of his job and he is not good at it.

wake up, Shep. It's SCAR, not SCARE.

More coffee please.

RV is like the dad that says you are going to the arcade, and you end up in a smokey bar with a roll of quarters playing the poker video crack machine, while he hits on a busted up broad with three c-section scars. 

You just bumped out my old signature. 

I can't even listen to RV anymore he just makes me sick, he is a very lazy self flattering BS artist that is close to the end of the line. Do you think he believes his own BS?

I am ready to for the next AD. 

Edited by KingDL1

I can't even listen to RV anymore he just makes me sick, he is a very lazy self flattering BS artist that is close to the end of the line. Do you think he believes his own BS?

I am ready to for the next AD. 

Well, with respect to the basketball comments...

Either he doesn't know that he's wrong about basic facts that he apparently uses to convince himself and others that things aren't really so bad... Or he does, and he's intentionally misleading/lying about them. 

So, does RV actually know that he's wrong about the basics, and he's making up nonsense on purpose? Or does he not realize he's full of crap, and he's making decisions based on a factually incorrect understanding of our program?

I'm not sure which scenario is more depressing. 

Well, with respect to the basketball comments...

Either he doesn't know that he's wrong about basic facts that he apparently uses to convince himself and others that things aren't really so bad... Or he does, and he's intentionally misleading/lying about them. 

So, does RV actually know that he's wrong about the basics, and he's making up nonsense on purpose? Or does he not realize he's full of crap, and he's making decisions based on a factually incorrect understanding of our program?

I'm not sure which scenario is more depressing. 

he does it intentionally. He lied again about Tulsa and where we were at in that series when we joined CUSA. 

He can't help himself at this point. It's what he has done for 14 years to keep his job. It's second nature at this point.

In some respects RV has done some great things (stadium, business relationships, hiring Coach Mac). One thing he has never been good at is scheduling. Is it easy? Hell no. Still, it is a huge part of his job and he is not good at it.

Hiring Coach Mac is a great thing? There are probably a dozen FCS coaches who would have had a better record in the tenure Mac has had with amenities heaped upon him that no coach in NT history has ever enjoyed. I was at the BU vs SMU game last night. What SMU has done already under Chad Morris is very scary. You will see a marked difference in an old style coach and a young up tempo coach next week. This is not to mention a dual threat QB in Matt Davis that we have no prayer of stopping. June Jones left them a jewel in Davis.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2