Flying Worms Throwback Helmets in Stadium Store

All About UNT

Just stopped by the stadium store to pick up my own. I also inquired how many of each they had in stock. They ordered 10 of the full-size and 40 of the mini helmets. But, they've already sold a few and they were taking phone orders while I was there. I was told that they'd order more as needed, but you'd better hurry on in if you'd like to get one from the first batch!

• Upvote 2

I went by the stadium store again today to get another helmet for a friend, and they were already sold out! That makes 40 mini and 10 full-size replica helmets sold in only a day and-a-half!! Maybe that's sufficient enough evidence to show university administration that there's demand enough for a worm to fly again in North Texas. Here's hoping that we see the "Flying Worm" on the field again very soon!

P.S. The supervisor at the stadium store assured me that they've already ordered plenty more helmets, and that they should be arriving back on shelves as soon as next week.

• Upvote 4

I went by the stadium store again today to get another helmet for a friend, and they were already sold out! That makes 40 mini and 10 full-size replica helmets sold in only a day and-a-half!! Maybe that's sufficient enough evidence to show university administration that there's demand enough for a worm to fly again in North Texas. Here's hoping that we see the "Flying Worm" on the field again very soon!

P.S. The supervisor at the stadium store assured me that they've already ordered plenty more helmets, and that they should be arriving back on shelves as soon as next week.

I bought the last mini helmet yesterday (and they were already out of the full size replicas).  The store manager told me that they were ordering 50 more minis and that they'd arrive in a couple weeks.   I didn't ask about more of the full size. 

By by the way, while in the store, I noticed other new flying worm merchandise.  They now have a full sized flying worm flag and a flying worm pennant.  They may be doing some throw back stuff in honor of the school being open for 125 years. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I have to share this. I mentioned this statement to my wife and she said "really? are you telling me that someone associated with North Texas is doing something in a timely manner?"......................

• Upvote 3