HOD Bowl Attendance Today. ?

cogido

I was at the Independence Bowl. There were many more fans there than what those pictures showed (as they seem to had been taken pre-game, and the middle of halftime), plus most fans were on the west side of the stadium. Still not packed by any means whatsoever, but not as bad of a turnout as I had expected. Not a bad game either!

Recent article in San Diego paper discussed the fact that the number of fans for these "lesser" bowls was really not that important. What is important is TV viewership levels and the viewership levels have been good according to what ESPN wants in order to broadcast the games. Interesting I thought...the article even touted the possibility of televising games where no fans attended at all...where no tickets were sold and where the game was played only for a television/broadcast audience.

I have to wonder what the cities who host these games think when it comes to tourist dollars for hotels, restaurants, bars/pubs, local taxi/train/bus service, city exposure, etc., etc.? Are we really headed this way? Me, I doubt it, but who knows as TV runs it all these days as we have seen with the Mean Green kick-off times the last few years.

Edit: Really? Why?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1