You have got to be kidding, we lost to Prairie View?!?

cogido

I'm not adding anything new because it's been said but the UNT men's and women's bb programs need a change in leadership. I watched Creighton prior to our match up and saw that they weren't that good and we had a chance. There is nothing exciting about our basketball. Well, I do like watching #10 play for the women because she plays hard every time she's on the court. It's time for a change.

• Upvote 1

I'm not adding anything new because it's been said but the UNT men's and women's bb programs need a change in leadership. I watched Creighton prior to our match up and saw that they weren't that good and we had a chance. There is nothing exciting about our basketball. Well, I do like watching #10 play for the women because she plays hard every time she's on the court. It's time for a change.

Change needs to come from the Top down.

• Upvote 1

What happens if we make all new hires (football, both basketball teams, and athletic director) and we still lose? Will throwing money at the issue still be the solution? To me at some point you have to ride things out and adjust without money being the solution. Throwing money at everything is not the answer. You do not want to have to pay off four or five coaches over and over again just in hopes of having a wining season. Of course if you know some donor who are just sitting in tens of millions of dollars and would love to take chances then by all means hit them up and donate. It's still a roll of the dice either way.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

What happens if we make all new hires (football, both basketball teams, and athletic director) and we still lose? Will throwing money at the issue still be the solution? To me at some point you have to ride things out and adjust without money being the solution. Throwing money at everything is not the answer. You do not want to have to pay off four or five coaches over and over again just in hopes of having a wining season. Of course if you know some donor who are just sitting in tens of millions of dollars and would love to take chances then by all means hit them up and donate. It's still a roll of the dice either way.

Most of this is true... but then again, if you keep rolling snake eyes, maybe there is something wrong with your dice. Maybe you should change them.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

Grand Canyon, which I assume is in Arizona, beat New Mexico last night, which certainly is a bigger upset than our loss to Prairie View. S---t happens it athletics.

Maybe to the average basketball fan. Most people haven't heard of Grand Canyon yet, but their head coach is Dan Majerle and they're now in the WAC. I'd much rather get WAC'd than SWAC'd. They were actually 10-6 in WAC play last year, good for a 3rd place finish. They take their basketball very seriously, and it's gotten them to where they're at. They're better than PVAMU, and may very well be better than us at this point.
  • Upvote 1

Well, that balances it out what was expected--we've beatne every team we should have in OOC, except Cregihton, while losing to everyone we should have, excpet for PV A&M. The extension is still very much in sight if Benford can get to .500. He has his signature win for RV to sell to the BOR, who will gladly sign off on an exntesnio that won't cost them too much more than they are already paying, thus putting in a known cost for years to come in the athletic budget.

I'm telling you, this will happen if we get to .500...I have no doubt about it.

Edited by untjim1995

GCU takes their BB very serious. Got rid of their coach after he had won 20+ games the year before

This is what GCU looks like for a exhibition game

https://twitter.com/lopesup/status/530540304081125376

Isn't the Suns owner a big money donor for GCU? This is one of the reasons they have been able to fast track to D1. They also used Colangelo's money to can the prior coach and hire Dan Maerjle (sp?), former Sun's player, to make a big splash hire. I am not so sure it had that much to do with 'only' winning 20 games.