UAB to allow free transfers

BillySee58

Greer could play an important role in ushering in some transfers as he played at UAB.

Finally, something useful that Greer can bring to the team... if they come!

How about we hire Bill Clark as our DC?

That would be a pretty decent get, especially as d-lineman are a massive need on this team. Unfortunately, I don't think Mac has the cajones or the will to explore that option... especially as he's come out and said he's not going to rush the decision. That's admirable, but when you have a DC like Clark effectively fall into your lap... you have to at least put the call in.

• Upvote 2

Finally, something useful that Greer can bring to the team... if they come!

That would be a pretty decent get, especially as d-lineman are a massive need on this team. Unfortunately, I don't think Mac has the cajones or the will to explore that option... especially as he's come out and said he's not going to rush the decision. That's admirable, but when you have a DC like Clark effectively fall into your lap... you have to at least put the call in.

Mac didn't say that he wouldn't make a decision quickly, he said he would think about it. He implied that he wanted to wait and see who was available before making the call. I think if he likes Clark, then he would make the call quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

UMASS? They don't fit the footprint, CUSA needs a western replacement since Charlotte is coming in next year.

No way the CUSA presidents vote to be associated with Liberty. I know for a fact the NT academic leadership would burn down Apogee before agreeing to be in the same conference as Libery, where faculty are required to sign documentation stating they believe the earth is ~6000 years old.

And UMASS... didn't we just talk about them?

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2nd Peter 3:8 KJV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Does that mean the earth is only 6,000 days old? Because I've got a reasonably clear idea of where I was on 7/13/1998, and it wasn't swimming around in a void with no light or firmament. It was a Saturday. I was likely eating a morning buttermilk blueberry donut at VG's in Encinitas, CA while on my way to garage saling before an afternoon nap and a lively evening at The Office with a bartender by the name of Duke.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear Penthouse,

Does that mean the earth is only 6,000 days old? Because I've got a reasonably clear idea of where I was on 7/13/1998, and it wasn't swimming around in a void with no light or firmament. It was a Saturday. I was likely eating a morning buttermilk blueberry donut at VG's in Encinitas, CA while on my way to garage saling before an afternoon nap and a lively evening at The Office with a bartender by the name of Duke.

fixed

• Upvote 4

Unless it happens to be the sabbath. In that case, they toileth not, and won't be able to sign until three stars are visible in the night sky.

Better is one day on your boards than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be an admin in the house of GMG than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

• Upvote 2

I think the distance to a recruit's home or the home of someone he'd like to come to his games is probably more important than the distance to Birmingham. For those saying we should get "some" of the players, it depends on:

1. needs we have

2. skills of players available

3. degrees the player available are seeking

4. NT offering said degrees and if the programs actually suit the recruits

5. distance to family, girl friend(s), friends etc.

A lot of stuff has to align just right.

As for losing to UAB hurting our chances, I doubt that's much of a factor. Think of it this way, those kids probably think they can start for us and what kid doesn't want a chance to start!

I think the distance to a recruit's home or the home of someone he'd like to come to his games is probably more important than the distance to Birmingham. For those saying we should get "some" of the players, it depends on:

1. needs we have

2. skills of players available

3. degrees the player available are seeking

4. NT offering said degrees and if the programs actually suit the recruits

5. distance to family, girl friend(s), friends etc.

A lot of stuff has to align just right.

As for losing to UAB hurting our chances, I doubt that's much of a factor. Think of it this way, those kids probably think they can start for us and what kid doesn't want a chance to start!

Agree with everything here. By saying close to UAB, I was assuming much of their roster lived in fairly close proximity to UAB. That is probably not a good assumption.

What should trump everything is the chance to start. We have a lot of that here. Don't know why we haven't at least attracted one of these kids.

Edited by UNT90