UAB Game Thread

Mean Green 93-98

This season is also suffering from sky-high expectations. You can't lose as many starters as UNT has and expect the same level of play. I predicted 3-7 to start the year, and unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be right.

Hank and George were mentioning that this UAB squad as the look and feel of UNT's squad last year, and it makes a lot of sense.

I think you'll see the impact of yet another blowout loss next week at Apogee, especially if the weather is cold. We'll be lucky to crack 11k and Mac will have his work cut out. You may have to start wondering if his old school approach is losing a lot of the players, especially the younger players.

A lot of the LaTech fans said the same thing last year. They knew they were graduating a lot of players but did not think it was going to impact them the way it did. We may be suffering a bit of the same.

The usual suspects - turnovers, penalties, and lack of players making plays are the bane of this team. With Mac not taking the redshirts of the freshman WRs (which at this point of the season is probably right) who can Williams throw to outside of Harris?

This season has turned into giving a lot of playing time to young players and hope they step it up now they have experience into next year.

On another note, what's happened to our offensive line? Are they playing poorly, or is Williams' pocket presence something that needs to improve?

There we go, a bit of life! But we need defensive stops and preferably TOs to get back into this, but I don't think this defensive unit - lacking playmakers, especially Laramie Lee - has it in them. Not when UAB are this confident now, and not after their performance against WKU last week.

But who knows.

We should onside kick it here. Everything to gain and not that much to lose.

But of course, this is a Mac-coached team. So we play it safe and conservative. Hence Greer starting.

And look at that. This is pathetic. I at least expected UNT to be competitive this year rather than blowouts. Hate to say it, but this year is worse than some of the Dodge years. At least we were competitive in those games and didn't - for whatever reason - get the right bounces at the right time to post Ws.

This was also a game on the road, and Mac's away record is bad. Dropping to 6-17 after this game.