So, Second Place in CUSA

UNTexas

We obviously sh$t the bed and lost our first conference championship in CUSA. In pretty embarrassing fashion as well. We were very lucky to have 9 wins. 

I think we are lucky to play a Sunbelt team and not a P5 school. We want no part of a good program on National TV. Can you imagine what TT would do to us?

Our team has pretty far to become a good team that can compete against average FBS teams. For those of you worried about Littrell leaving, that's laughable at best. Kiffan will be gone from FAU though. UNT has a lot of work ahead of it. 

The worst part is attendance at whatever bowl we end up at has significantly dropped because of how badly they embarrassed ourselves today.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 9

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Deny all bowls. Sit at home today. This team, just for the October 21st and December 2nd showings deserve nothing. Thank you for your contributions to this program, but good luck. 

Wow... You are all sorts of messed up. It's foozballs... You can lose. 

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Yes lets dismiss this season over two games.  Get the HELL out.  FAU is better than us, not shame in that, i guess TCU should do the same because they cant beat OU?  

Its attitudes like this that makes me sick.  As much crap as we have sat through over the years and your going to come on here and piss on a 9 win season?  YOU SIR DESERVE NOTHING.  

If when you say nothing you are referring to a New Orleans trip, I agree. I won't be going. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Deny all bowls. Sit at home today. This team, just for the October 21st and December 2nd showings deserve nothing. Thank you for your contributions to this program, but good luck. 

It is with a heavy heart I must inform the team that Ben Gooding is actively logged in.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

If when you say nothing you are referring to a New Orleans trip, I agree. I won't be going. 

GOOD!!! This team and program doesnt want your negativity.  Today stings, YES, but if you think for 1 second im not going to enjoy what this team has accomplished this season, your crazy.  Almost all "experts told us were were going to be at the bottom of the West and we won the damn thing.  That we can be proud of and enjoy. PERIOD

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Pathetic that we are 9-4 and second place and we are happy to settle for a SBC.. #OldDenton

Lol We are all adults, but yet we call each other names instead of just disagreeing. Childish 

Nothing will happen of it. Only Ben Gooding can all people idiots and be blocked. Right, @Cerebus .... .. ... .... ..   .    .  .   .  .

Mean Green fans are forgiving fans.  Remember UTEP end of last season?  Yet remember how many of us bought tickets to the HOD Bowl game again?

Don't burn our barn down to kill a few mice, fellow MG fans and alums.  We've survived far worse. Hell, I'm still celebrating our wins over UTSA, USM,  La Tech, UAB and others.

GMG!  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

GOOD!!! This team and program doesnt want your negativity.  Today stings, YES, but if you think for 1 second im not going to enjoy what this team has accomplished this season, your crazy.  Almost all "experts told us were were going to be at the bottom of the West and we won the damn thing.  That we can be proud of and enjoy. PERIOD

It's not that it stings because it does, it's that people around UNT will still swing on Littrells nutsack for this and the October performance. The style of our wins plus our recruiting is worrisome. If you would like to disagree with that, I am all ears. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

got blasted. At least we got some extra reps in. Winning wasn"t the goal right? Good news is we will have a lot of energy for the bowl game since we didn"t play our hearts out for the conference champ. Littrel"s bonus must be based on the bowl game and not the conf. championship. . . or?

Edited by breaker110

Just now, PlummMeanGreen said:

Mean Green fans are forgiving fans.  Remember UTEP end of last season?  Yet remember how many of us bought tickets to the HOD Bowl game again?

Don't burn our barn down to kill a few mice, fellow MG fans and alums.  We've survived far worse.

GMG!  

I remember it very well and it has left a lasting impression for me with this staff. 

Just now, breaker110 said:

got blasted. At least we got some extra reps in. Winning wasn"t the goal right? Good news is we will have a lot of enery for the bowl game since we didn"t play our hearts out for the conference champ. Littrel"s bonus must be based on the bowl game and not the conf. championship. . . or?

LOL. Well said. 

High school coaches could've gotten this team "up" more. Am I rite @GMG24 or am I rite? 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's not that it stings because it does, it's that people around UNT will still swing on Littrells nutsack for this and the October performance. The style of our wins plus our recruiting is worrisome. If you would like to disagree with that, I am all ears. 

Style of wins?  The fact that we can even debate "Style of wins" vs "Style of losses" (like normal) is the reason that i mark this season a success.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

LOL. Well said. 

High school coaches could've gotten this team "up" more. Am I rite @GMG24 or am I rite? 

FAU was better than us athletically at every position in field IMO.  We played a ton of true freshman/soph.  I expected this game to be rough not as bad as it was in first half, but when the offense can't do anything in a half it makes defenses job impossible.  Look at difference in 1st and 2nd half defense.  Sure they gashed us a few times, but that's what the better team typically does. 

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Style of wins?  The fact that we can even debate "Style of wins" vs "Style of losses" (like normal) is the reason that i mark this season a success.  

Those wins will not always swing our way, especially if recruiting doesn't see a significant uptick. But I'm sure you know this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1