Sign in to follow this  
Harry

UTEP eyeing Graham Harrell

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Weren’t you calling for this offensive system before Littrell was hired? 

Absolutely I was. All for the same reasons UTEP should do it as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Absolutely I was. All for the same reasons UTEP should do it as well. 

So we can be mediocre which you claim is UNTs issue is being ok with being mediocre? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

So we can be mediocre which you claim is UNTs issue is being ok with being mediocre? 

Didn’t you say you were okay with a 1-Point win to UTEP and Rice? That is mediocre at best in terms of team performance 

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Didn’t you say you were okay with a 1-Point win to UTEP and Rice? That is mediocre at best in terms of team performance 

Good lord here we go again.... you’d be pissy with a 8-4 record if we beat UTEP and Rice by 1? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Good lord here we go again.... you’d be pissy with a 8-4 record if we beat UTEP and Rice by 1? 

Shouldn’t we all be upset if we beat, what maybe the worst team in the nation by 1 Point and we have a top 20 offense?? 

Close games don’t help us jump in the weekly team rankings either.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Y'all remember Wren's interview at halftime of the UTSA game? (maybe it's just me, because I've watched that beautiful gem a few times).... he said "“We’re gonna invest in Seth and keep him here... if anybody gets anything on their mind, don’t... we’re  gonna do everything we can to keep him here”.... yeah, i know the reality, I know money talks... but I'll be damned if that wasn't great to hear. I rest easy know we're building something here and we're gonna fight to keep our own, come what may. #GMG

• Thanks 5

12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

We aren't mediocre by program standards, we're far below. I think I could check my ego at the door and swap consistency and competitiveness for raising the bar to mediocrity. Give me 10 years straight of 6-6 to 8-4, I'll float away into that mediocrity. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Y'all remember Wren's interview at halftime of the UTSA game? (maybe it's just me, because I've watched that beautiful gem a few times).... he said "“We’re gonna invest in Seth and keep him here... if anybody gets anything on their mind, don’t... we’re  gonna do everything we can to keep him here”.... yeah, i know the reality, I know money talks... but I'll be damned if that wasn't great to hear. I rest easy know we're building something here and we're gonna fight to keep our own, come what may. #GMG

Good point.  Didn’t see that because I was at the game but good to hear. I’m sure you as a long Time fan understand the paranoia about UNT retaining high quality coaches.  Historically we have not given two craps about assistant coach poaching and if you doubt that look at what happened to Littrell’s staff after his FIRST season here.  So pardon me if I am a little hesitant to relax about our situation with Littrell and to a lessor extent Graham Harrell and the rest of the staff.  We have found a very good football coach here and we need to do everything in our power to keep him and his staff here.  Historical UNT budgets and mindset are not applicable.

i don't think the UTEP HC job pays all that well.  But I hear the HC can get all the Chico Tacos he wants  (never got the draw to that place).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Good point.  Didn’t see that because I was at the game but good to hear. I’m sure you as a long Time fan understand the paranoia about UNT retaining high quality coaches.  Historically we have not given two craps about assistant coach poaching and if you doubt that look at what happened to Littrell’s staff after his FIRST season here.  So pardon me if I am a little hesitant to relax about our situation with Littrell and to a lessor extent Graham Harrell and the rest of the staff.  We have found a very good football coach here and we need to do everything in our power to keep him and his staff here.  Historical UNT budgets and mindset are not applicable.

Oh believe you me, I completely get it. I'm as nervous as anyone about it, and I'd love to keep this staff in tact into the foreseeable future. I understand the reality of our place in the CFB landscape (for now), but I did take some comfort in Wren's words that at least we're going to make the effort to be competitive and that we're not content with just accepting our lot as a stepping stone. I'm probably just making myself feel better because I really want to see this thing through, but it was great to hear. Hey, let's face it - this is a hell of a problem to have for a change! #GMG

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

i don't think the UTEP HC job pays all that well.  But I hear the HC can get all the Chico Tacos he wants  (never got the draw to that place).

Chico would be a great choice for UTEP head coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Canales

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2