Sign in to follow this  
Harry

UTEP eyeing Graham Harrell

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Weren’t you calling for this offensive system before Littrell was hired? 

Absolutely I was. All for the same reasons UTEP should do it as well. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Absolutely I was. All for the same reasons UTEP should do it as well. 

So we can be mediocre which you claim is UNTs issue is being ok with being mediocre? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

So we can be mediocre which you claim is UNTs issue is being ok with being mediocre? 

Didn’t you say you were okay with a 1-Point win to UTEP and Rice? That is mediocre at best in terms of team performance 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Didn’t you say you were okay with a 1-Point win to UTEP and Rice? That is mediocre at best in terms of team performance 

Good lord here we go again.... you’d be pissy with a 8-4 record if we beat UTEP and Rice by 1? 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Good lord here we go again.... you’d be pissy with a 8-4 record if we beat UTEP and Rice by 1? 

Shouldn’t we all be upset if we beat, what maybe the worst team in the nation by 1 Point and we have a top 20 offense?? 

Close games don’t help us jump in the weekly team rankings either.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all remember Wren's interview at halftime of the UTSA game? (maybe it's just me, because I've watched that beautiful gem a few times).... he said "“We’re gonna invest in Seth and keep him here... if anybody gets anything on their mind, don’t... we’re  gonna do everything we can to keep him here”.... yeah, i know the reality, I know money talks... but I'll be damned if that wasn't great to hear. I rest easy know we're building something here and we're gonna fight to keep our own, come what may. #GMG

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

So we can be mediocre which you claim is UNTs issue is being ok with being mediocre? 

We aren't mediocre by program standards, we're far below. I think I could check my ego at the door and swap consistency and competitiveness for raising the bar to mediocrity. Give me 10 years straight of 6-6 to 8-4, I'll float away into that mediocrity. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Y'all remember Wren's interview at halftime of the UTSA game? (maybe it's just me, because I've watched that beautiful gem a few times).... he said "“We’re gonna invest in Seth and keep him here... if anybody gets anything on their mind, don’t... we’re  gonna do everything we can to keep him here”.... yeah, i know the reality, I know money talks... but I'll be damned if that wasn't great to hear. I rest easy know we're building something here and we're gonna fight to keep our own, come what may. #GMG

Good point.  Didn’t see that because I was at the game but good to hear. I’m sure you as a long Time fan understand the paranoia about UNT retaining high quality coaches.  Historically we have not given two craps about assistant coach poaching and if you doubt that look at what happened to Littrell’s staff after his FIRST season here.  So pardon me if I am a little hesitant to relax about our situation with Littrell and to a lessor extent Graham Harrell and the rest of the staff.  We have found a very good football coach here and we need to do everything in our power to keep him and his staff here.  Historical UNT budgets and mindset are not applicable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think the UTEP HC job pays all that well.  But I hear the HC can get all the Chico Tacos he wants  (never got the draw to that place).

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Good point.  Didn’t see that because I was at the game but good to hear. I’m sure you as a long Time fan understand the paranoia about UNT retaining high quality coaches.  Historically we have not given two craps about assistant coach poaching and if you doubt that look at what happened to Littrell’s staff after his FIRST season here.  So pardon me if I am a little hesitant to relax about our situation with Littrell and to a lessor extent Graham Harrell and the rest of the staff.  We have found a very good football coach here and we need to do everything in our power to keep him and his staff here.  Historical UNT budgets and mindset are not applicable.

Oh believe you me, I completely get it. I'm as nervous as anyone about it, and I'd love to keep this staff in tact into the foreseeable future. I understand the reality of our place in the CFB landscape (for now), but I did take some comfort in Wren's words that at least we're going to make the effort to be competitive and that we're not content with just accepting our lot as a stepping stone. I'm probably just making myself feel better because I really want to see this thing through, but it was great to hear. Hey, let's face it - this is a hell of a problem to have for a change! #GMG

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

i don't think the UTEP HC job pays all that well.  But I hear the HC can get all the Chico Tacos he wants  (never got the draw to that place).

Chico would be a great choice for UTEP head coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Canales

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Harry
      I know that playing Army 3 times in what seems like a year is overkill.  That said, there is a real passion about playing this team both on and off the field.  
      Heres what I know, every time we play them it is a dogfight.  They have some of the best fans I have ever seen us have in Apogee both in number and quality.  The atmosphere they brought to Apogee last night was special.
      I realize that playing them is a defensive coordinators nitemare.  And I know that we have played them a lot in a short amount of time.  I just think that there is something developing between these two programs that should not be ignored.
    • By Harry
      DENTON, Texas (AP) — Trevor Moore kicked a 39-yard field goal with 5 seconds left to give North Texas a wild 52-49 victory over Army on Saturday night, ending the Black Knights' six-game winning streak.
      Mason Fine threw for 386 yards and four touchdowns, including a quick 10-yard toss with no timeouts left to get the Mean Green (8-3) a little closer for Moore's winning kick.
      The longest winning streak for Army (8-3) since 1996 ended despite 244 yards rushing and two touchdowns from quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw.
      "My most important thing is winning football games," said Bradshaw, who set Army's single-season rushing record at 1,472 yards, breaking Collin Mooney's 9-year-old record of 1,339. "If I have zero yards and we win the game, I'll be happier than having a million yards and losing the game."
      read more:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/11/18/late-fg-lifts-north-texas-to-wild-52-49-victory-over-army/107842444/
  • Images