New LB Committment Vada King

21 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

There is the Juco LB I was referring to in the other thread @BillySee58

Yup. But I was thinking they still need a 2nd level JUCO linebacker. For the jack position they have now this guy, Ozougwu, and Thornton after this year. Any idea if they're still looking for a 2nd like linebacker?

Congrats to Vada!

According to 24/7, he is a 2018 commit. With it saying he started his clock in 2016 as well.. So I'm assuming he has 3 years to play 2?

He is also ranked as a .7726 2* http://247sports.com/player/vada-king-53439

With him getting offers from Middle Tennesse, Georgia State, and then committed to Southern Miss in May of 2015.. Guess he didn't make it to campus because it says that he Commits to ArkState in Fed of 2016 and signs the same day, then he recommits in June of 2017... 

http://247sports.com/Player/Vada-King-53439/TimelineEvents

Edited by BTG_Fan1

1 hour ago, UNT86 said:

Did he fail to qualify coming out of HS?  If so, doesn't he need to graduate to qualify for us?

I would also read it as 3 to play 2.

Looks like a great pickup IF we get him on campus.

I'm guessing he did not qualify, but no idea.. What is odd is his offers out of HS (MTSU, SM, ARKST) all came in March/April/May of the year. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Also have to give a shout out to the UNT graphics staff.  That image of Darth Vada in the North Texas jersey is awesome and you have to think it helped in convincing him to commit.

Is it a graphic? I think he was on campus this weekend

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Also, don' t know if anyone has noticed this or said it yet, but Koonz's dad is the HC at Holmes. 

Wow man great catch.  I had forgotten about that.  Koons is looking like a great hire.  

BTW - it looks like Nate Brown was responsible for the big lineman we landed tonight.  We have to start rewarding these assistants who are landing these Key commits.

Recruiting is picking up folks!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...