Omg

FireFightnJoey

It must always sustain us, because the greatness comes not when things go always good for you, but the greatness comes and you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes, because only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

-Richard Milhous Nixon

Edited by UNTflyer

Can u put it any other way? I love my team, but what the hell is this? It is so hard to be a fan right now. I am at the game and this is hard to take.

I am sorry to hear that. It has to be miserable for you down there right now. At least we can go hide under our covers right now :)

It must always sustain us, because the greatness comes not when things go always good for you, but the greatness comes and you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes, because only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

-Richard Milhous Nixon

Ah, Tricky Dick... I wish someone else said that. Then it would really mean something to me.

I was thinking the same thing. Right now, FIU and WKy are our only faint hopes for W's.

Which lends to the question. Did TD and staff not learn a damn thing? I put the 4 losses this year squarely on the coaches, quit blaming the players as it appears the coaches did not learn anything from last year.

im at this game too and this is unbearable. Anyone know how hard it is to stick to the never leave a game early rule. i hope we can recover.

it's doubly frustrating for me. Being in Santa Fe, I can't watch it on TV and my internet right now sux so I'm only getting about every 3rd word. which means, all I've really picked up was the half time score, a 4th quarter score and a few plays here and there. the rest of the time, i'm off doing something else. it sounds like a bad enough game without having it in stutter / static mode. BUT ALWAYS A FAN! (it's taken me forever just to post this).

I will attempt to be mr sunshine here. I think the offense is moving in the right direction. I just wish we could see how the offense looks when they don't have the pressure of having to score TDs every time they have the ball.

I think the defense is a product of just not having the horses up front and too much youth in the secondary. We can blame coaches because that is easy. But Dodge has coached all of 15 games at the college level. He needs more time to get the recruits he needs and coach them up. I still give him this year and 2 more before I really look hard at the job he is doing.

We haven't sunk any further than we were when DD left. The only way to go is up. Give him more time.

I will attempt to be mr sunshine here. I think the offense is moving in the right direction. I just wish we could see how the offense looks when they don't have the pressure of having to score TDs every time they have the ball.

I think the defense is a product of just not having the horses up front and too much youth in the secondary. We can blame coaches because that is easy. But Dodge has coached all of 15 games at the college level. He needs more time to get the recruits he needs and coach them up. I still give him this year and 2 more before I really look hard at the job he is doing.

We haven't sunk any further than we were when DD left. The only way to go is up. Give him more time.

I hope that sunshine isn't just the eye of a hurricane.

How about no offensive production after the 1st half?? Rice's coaches made adjustments, why can't NT???

I WAS at the game, but now back at the hotel. No matter the final score, this is the MOST embarrasing moment in UNT football history (well in my realm of knowledge). I can't say how much this loss is disgusting to me. This isn't OU, UT, or LSU. It is RICE!!! RICE. Do you have any idea how hard it is not to put the F word in this post. I am sick. I am done. All you Dodge haters have fun. I am done defending this program.

I have to agree. This is, without a doubt, the lowest point in the history of this program. I hate to admit it, but I'm thinking it's time to declare this experiment a failure.

its hard to say our offensive is moving in the right direction when playing one of the worst defenses in the nation and still getting stuffed like we did in the second half.

I WAS at the game, but now back at the hotel. No matter the final score, this is the MOST embarrasing moment in UNT football history (well in my realm of knowledge). I can't say how much this loss is disgusting to me. This isn't OU, UT, or LSU. It is RICE!!! RICE. Do you have any idea how hard it is not to put the F word in this post. I am sick. I am done. All you Dodge haters have fun. I am done defending this program.

Look, I was as hopeful as the next guy/gal during these first 4 games, but after going 2 - 10 last year I really didn't expect this team to go 4 - 0 at the beginning of this season. Our defensive woes from last year weren't going to be solved overnight. Today's loss wasn't good. There's no way to spin it, but come on. I don't care if you're defending the program anymore or not ... at least give these guys some credit for going out there and trying to do their best. Who knows ... they still could play well in conference, but I guess no one seems to care because the sky is falling.

Look, I was as hopeful as the next guy/gal during these first 4 games, but after going 2 - 10 last year I really didn't expect this team to go 4 - 0 at the beginning of this season. Our defensive woes from last year weren't going to be solved overnight. Today's loss wasn't good. There's no way to spin it, but come on. I don't care if you're defending the program anymore or not ... at least give these guys some credit for going out there and trying to do their best. Who knows ... they still could play well in conference, but I guess no one seems to care because the sky is falling.

I respect what you're saying, truly. And I've said similar things in the past.

But it is not too much to expect that this program, in the 16th game of the Dodge era and having had an extra week to prepare for this game, would not get humiliated by a team like Rice - good but by no means great. Giving up 77 points in three quarters and getting whipped by 57 points...it's just mind-boggling. It's a little hard tonight to find where we've made progress since that opener last year against OU.

I am going to post some positives. First of all - how sad is it that Rice has a winning season, has an in-state opponent, and only draws 16K for a game? If you want to look for positives, look for them in the overall program. You have to realize how bare the cupboard was when Dodge got here. You have realize that these kids are 18 and 19 years old. You have GOT to give Deloach at least one recruiting class to tun around this defense. We may well go 0 fer this year. I had a hard time finding a win on the schedule when I looked at it this year but I didn't want to say anything on this board. We have a solid fanbase now. We have been here before - in the Big West. It was terrible. That is the reason why the guys tht have been around a little longer are so adamently against the WAC invitation. It would be a step backwards. Guys, we will win a game or two this year but let's face it... we are in a rebuilding year. We desperately need a new stadium if for nothing else but to excite the fanbase about something. FIU was the rock bottom of IA football going into this year but they opened their new stadium and did it with pride. Some of the posters on here mock it because it is not a shrine - but it is their HOUSE and they have a sense of pride now. They put a hell of a fight up against #12 S Florida and today they will likely be the only Belt team that wins in OOC against a very feisty Toledo team (on the road)... but guess what, they don't have any fans. We have fans now. We didn't before. When we were losing before it was so incredibly depressing to be a fan because we sucked - and there were only a handfull of us that cared. Talk to FFR and Mean Rob about how low this program was. Ask Harry how many people were at the last game of the Big West. Folks, I know it seems bad - it really seems bad. We are playing some crummy football. But the overall state of the program is much better than it was 8 years ago. We almost lost football completely - now we are just in danger of losing a few games. I will take the problem of just having a bad season over our previous problem of almost losing our entire program.

This program is STRONG right now... even if the team isn't so strong. It is the strongest that it has ever been. There are more fans showing up to watch this losing team than Mean Joe Green ever had watching his team... or Hayden Fry for that matter. The program is strong, keep your pride.