North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

he probably dozed off and blew right through it like so many red lights.

Ya,, and you have never been looking for an address or something in your car and done the same thing. We know because you told us so, which I find humorous to say the least.

But lucky for us, you can control your texting and driving and no one needs to worry when you are on the road, right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

Second patient who had general contact with first, now showing signs of Ebola in Dallas.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?lead=frisco-patient-exhibiting-ebola-symptoms

Rick

Scary stuff for sure, they have screwed the pouch on this one from the beginning. I hope he is fine, and it turns out not to be Ebola. I am ready for this to leave the area.

Could it happen, sure? The sky could also fall tomorrow. Is it scientifically probable? Absolutely not.

That is kind of the point, but the problem is Ebola is out of control in Liberia and the more people that get it the more opportunity it has to jump. The WHO expects 1.4 million cases by January 20th and the reported cases are over 8000 with the likely number of cases being much closer to 21,000 with deaths pushing 11,000. Science in the world of viruses has barely even cracked the surface of the total number of viruses that are out there. Let alone tracking them. There are a hand full they really know well, but it is arrogant to say what we know is enough. Or how likely the rule breaker will be.

John Wiley and The unholy hate monger Jesse Jackson jumping on the race wagon. I guess JWP needs to raise money for his defense since they took 300k in cash from his personal safe.

This is about a week away from these guys blaming white conservatives for this Liberian national's treatment (even after he drug a deadly virus all over Dallas). And they will do this even though Dallas County is completely controlled by Democrats.

Side note: anyone else sick and tired of seeing the slant face of Dallas County Commissioner/media whore Clay Jenkins on every evening news broadcast? That Dbag will be running for a higher office any time now

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

In before Ebola somehow becomes a partisan issue. Or has it already?

Look who you're asking brah. And while I'm no fan of Jesse Jackson, the family invited him to Dallas and nothing in his press conference had any racial undertones. It's angry white conservatives just looking for another partisan battle when there isn't one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

CNN: No risk of Ebola for Deputy

There's "no risk of Ebola" for a Dallas deputy who was hospitalized with possible symptoms of the virus, a Texas health official said Wednesday.

The deputy, named by local media as Sgt. Michael Monnig, didn't have any direct contact with Thomas Eric Duncan, the man who died of Ebola in Dallas on Wednesday.
"We know he didn't have direct contact with the patient (Duncan) and he doesn't have a fever, and in a situation like that there is no risk of Ebola," said Chris Van Deusen, spokesman for the Texas Department of State Health Services

I'm excited to see what is the next big fear the media is going to gin up to create rating. Will they go back to the tried and true staple: Mexicans? How about something new? Sun spots? Fracking causing your toilet to explode. SINK HOLES?!!?

• Upvote 1

CNN: No risk of Ebola for Deputy

I'm excited to see what is the next big fear the media is going to gin up to create rating. Will they go back to the tried and true staple: Mexicans? How about something new? Sun spots? Fracking causing your toilet to explode. SINK HOLES?!!?

"No risk of Ebola for Deputy"

Funny that why he being tested for it? He already be met the minimum guidelines to be tested. The truth is there clearly is a chance.

I hope he does not have a problem and this is a flu or something else. Hell it might be nerves.

They are having a hard time explaining some of the infections in Liberia with the health workers.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/09/dallas-county-deputy-awaits-ebola-test-results/

Monnig’s son said that the deputy was feeling fatigued and had flu-like symptoms, which are similar to what Ebola patients experience in the early stages of sickness. Monnig went to a CareNow clinic in Frisco on Wednesday complaining of stomach pains, and told the facility’s personnel about his contact with the Ebola patient.

Doctors at the clinic felt that Monnig met the preliminary guidelines for Ebola as given by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That is why he was rushed to the hospital.

The deputy doesn't have a fever. He probably had a bad burrito, or yes it could have been nerves. He had no contact with anyone who had Ebola.

Of course everyone is going to use an over abundance of caution, however people need to stop reading "well we better over kill everything so people feel good and we don't leave any possibility of being sued" as some sort of proof that the disease is more infectious than it is.

Why did the decontaminate the squad cars of the officers? 1) CYA 2) Make people feel good.

Why did they decontaminate the Care Now facility? 1) CYA 2) Make people feel good.

The minimum guidelines are a over cautious on purpose, care to guess why?

PS: Tail gate food is more likely to kill you than Ebola.

• Upvote 2

In before Ebola somehow becomes a partisan issue. Or has it already?

Everything is a partisan issue now. Its a conditioned response. I blame the left for starting it(I'm sure some will disagree), but both sides now turn everything into a partisan battleground. I don't know if that genie will ever get put back in the bottle. Edited by Army of Dad

The deputy doesn't have a fever. He probably had a bad burrito, or yes it could have been nerves. He had no contact with anyone who had Ebola.

Of course everyone is going to use an over abundance of caution, however people need to stop reading "well we better over kill everything so people feel good and we don't leave any possibility of being sued" as some sort of proof that the disease is more infectious than it is.

Why did the decontaminate the squad cars of the officers? 1) CYA 2) Make people feel good.

Why did they decontaminate the Care Now facility? 1) CYA 2) Make people feel good.

The minimum guidelines are a over cautious on purpose, care to guess why?

PS: Tail gate food is more likely to kill you than Ebola.

So Tailgate food if you have some is what 1 in 100,000,000 you it will be the direct cause of death?

If you have some Ebola is what 1 in 2 at best odds to live?

Not a crazy fear but a healthy respect. Keep in mind there are a bunch of reported infections with international heath workers getting infected in Liberia that they have had problems explaining.