North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

Someone dun messed up. So Atlanta can handle two Ebola patients and not get any secondary infections, but Dallas now has at least two?

And by someone I don't mean the nurses, I am sure they followed the procedure. Who ever made that procedure is to blame.

I believe Atlanta treated them at full contamination levels, as if airborne but this was above and beyond the prescribed protocols if I remember correctly. I wondered on an article about the levels of protection but there are now thousands on thousands of articles and I did not readily find it.

Atlanta treated them at full contamination levels, as if airborne but this was above and beyond the prescribed protocols if I remember correctly. I wondered on an article about the levels of protection but there are now thousands on thousands of articles and I did not readily find it.

From what I can gather people who had to interact with his vomit and blood were gloved and masked. That seems like a really low level of precaution to me. Ebola is really contagious when you interact with those body fluids. People unconsciously touch their faces / rub their eyes all the time.

If I had to interact with that patient I would have wanted the full suit and a decontamination afterwards. Abundance of caution.

From what I can gather people who had to interact with his vomit and blood were gloved and masked. That seems like a really low level of precaution to me. Ebola is really contagious when you interact with those body fluids. People unconsciously touch their faces / rub their eyes all the time.

If I had to interact with that patient I would have wanted the full suit and a decontamination afterwards. Abundance of caution.

Bingo absolutely that is why the health organisations like the nurses association are in a huff because full suits have not been provided under the current CDC protocols, and why the CDC is changing their protocols. Screw that I would want the full suit with the piped in air. That is government for you.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html

From the department of pretty damn scary.

She had a fever of 99.5 when she boarded the plane.

How about staying off an airplane if you treated someone with Ebola in the last month.

Really freaking stupid.

And the CDC director says "moving forward, we will ensure no one who has contact with Ebola patients will use public transport."

Are you kidding me? Some one has do it before you decide it might be a good idea to tell them not to?

One thing is becoming more and more apparent. If this disease is stomped out in the US, it will be in spite of the CDC, not because of it.

Just... Jeez!!...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Someone dun messed up. So Atlanta can handle two Ebola patients and not get any secondary infections, but Dallas now has at least two?

And by someone I don't mean the nurses, I am sure they followed the procedure. Who ever made that procedure is to blame.

I wonder how much of the problems with Duncan's treatment stem from him being a layperson whereas the two Atlanta patients were doctors...

Here we are 3 weeks after the original diagnosis and the only person dead is patient zero. The only 2 other people who are infected are people who handled his fecal matter and vomit at his most contagious time. Why are we panicking again?

Because there's really not much else to talk about.

Ebola conversation is the new weather.

Dude A: "How ya doin?"

Dude B: "Alright I guess, at least I don't have that Ebola."

Dude A: "How 'bout that Ebola, huh?"

Dude B: "It's crazy man."

Dude A: "Yeah. Alright, have a good one."

Dude B: "You too."

• Upvote 1

Here we are 3 weeks after the original diagnosis and the only person dead is patient zero. The only 2 other people who are infected are people who handled his fecal matter and vomit at his most contagious time. Why are we panicking again?

Because we are Xenophobes...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Who is panicking? I think we have been discussing the topic and things like what a fail the CDC has been so far. But if you think there is no cause for concern I would say you are very wrong.

Seems like a 3rd world country is doing many things we are not. Arrogance is at play, with officials following the thought pattern of "this is Anerica, this can't happen here" instead of taking the appropriate steps to ensure it doesn't.

It would also be interesting to know how many of those infected by Mr. Sawyer were health care workers that treated him, and if any of the other 19 weren't Heath care employees, exactly what contact did they have with Sawyer that caused the infection.