Derek Thompson

UNT90

Hell F'n no. Dude was a below average D1QB. Our current 2 guys are below average D2 QB's.

Derek was never this bad ... but then ... I've never see a D1 quarterback be this bad for three games. In the chat room this game was like so many of Derek's games where we were begging for him to be replaced by just about anyone.

• Upvote 1

You have to give DT credit, he improved tremendously as the year went on, ultimately peaking at the end.

His 8 tds against 10 ints in conference play would indicate against that. Definitely can't argue peaking at the end with that brilliant bowl game.

I still stand by my opinions of DT being a mediocre QB who had some phenomenal moments, but also some terrible moments. That being said...I would take him back in a heartbeat if that meant never seeing Greer in a UNT uniform again.

Or we might actually have a playmaker in Dajon. I hate to use the word with how great a leader and competitor the guy was for us, but his numbers did suggest mediocrity. Wishing back mediocrity because we literally have had the worst starting qb in FBS, statistically, is very North Texas of us. UNT90 is one of the posters on here who taught me that. Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Or we might actually have a playmaker in Dajon. I hate to use the word with how great a leader and competitor the guy was for us, but his numbers did suggest mediocrity. Wishing back mediocrity because we literally have had the worst starting qb in FBS, statistically, is very North Texas of us. UNT90 is one of the posters on here who taught me that.

I am all for DW. I wanted him to beat out Derek last year and I wanted him to win the job this season. People I talked to on the team lasted year would talk about what a playmaker DW is. I just don't want to see anymore Greer. Period.

3 games in. Any of you ready to apologize to the man?

Because you need to.

Nope, I dont know if you stayed till the end but Dajon did pretty damn good. You can say that he did it in Mop up time but he make crisp throws and made his reads and didnt get happy feet. I dont miss him, i miss lance dunbar, Trice, and the list goes on but not Thompson

I am all for DW. I wanted him to beat out Derek last year and I wanted him to win the job this season. People I talked to on the team lasted year would talk about what a playmaker DW is. I just don't want to see anymore Greer. Period.

Yeah, I know your stance. It was directed towards the people missing DT. But I agree on no more Greer.

DT played bad against tight coverages and good defenses. it most likely would have been a loss without the defense bailing us out if we had DT. Doesnt look like sokol would have given us two picks to Whitfield this year.

At least DT wasnt scared though...at least he was capable of 5 yards on the zone read too. At least he could hit WIDE open wrs. Not sure if I miss DT as much as I want Greer outta there. If dajon starts looking bad and we win 6 games or less, I will miss DT.

• Upvote 1

Then our future is very bleak...

:lol:

People often get remembered either more or less fondly than they deserve for whatever reason. Derek had a bunch of highs and lows while here, but I think as the time goes by, more of the good times will be remembered than the bad.

It's kinda like how people are with presidents. Best example I ever heard was David McCullough saying his dad always used to bitch about Harry Truman. Then about twenty years later - the rant was instead "I wish we had someone in office now like Harry to give'm hell!"

Edited by CMJ