Things to comfort me on the ride home to Denton

1. Collin Street Bakery cookies in Waco

2. Baylor's Mclane Stadium looks like sh*t. One of those times when the renderings were waaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the finished product. What's with those anemic columns??

3. We have a really fun show that I curated to get ready for! http://errantnewmusic.org/news/2014/7/boulez-campbell-soup-hour-round-1 If you're in Denton Thursday, you should make it out.

4. My wife is awesome.

5. Our defense is still bad ass.

• Upvote 1

Next Friday night is Hirie, Pacific Dub and Stick Figure (The kid's favorite band evuh) at Gas Monkey. Then there's the home opener Saturday morning. Then, if I'm still alive, there's a Cure cover band and a Smiths cover band at Granada Saturday night. The kid ruh-heally wants to go to that. I'm not seeing the downside of weekend life right now.

1) I didnt waste my hard earned money attending that game.

2) I will not waste my hard earned money attending next game either.

Our school has to learn attendance will come when we put a consistent product out there. I believe we beat smut, but if I drug my family on the drive paid hotel etc etc I would feel the loss 3x more than a win.

• Downvote 5

1) I didnt waste my hard earned money attending that game.

2) I will not waste my hard earned money attending next game either.

Our school has to learn attendance will come when we put a consistent product out there. I believe we beat smut, but if I drug my family on the drive paid hotel etc etc I would feel the loss 3x more than a win.

That's the spirit...we need more fans like you.

I've been told the brick facade surrounding the field is not real brick. Painted took look like bricks??

It's a vinyl banner. I want to believe it's temporary....if not I'm sure a donor will fork over the money to install a real one - looks like crap. Overall it's a nice stadium. I think it's a little ugly from the outside with those columns.

1. Had a great time with friends I don't see often enough.

2. Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños at Silo on Seventh.

3. Waving and honking at fellow fans driving down I35 Friday.

4. Free place to stay on Lake Travis (what there is of it).

5. Light traffic on the way home Sunday.

6. Lots of fun on 6th Street before the game, and North Texas flag hanging outside the Thirsty Nickel.

7. Great Mean Green turnout in the stands.