MGB: Friday Night Lights running blog

Brett Vito

Not a done deal until we see if the coaches accept that commitment. Hoping we find out soon sooner rather than later. He's good enough to take now IMO.

The good thing about those 3, and the reason I hope we aren't slow playing Mcwhorter, is that they can all play on the line together. Miller at DE, and one of Mcwhorter and Cheatum will end up at 3-tech DT, and the other will end up at strong-side DE. I see Mcwhorter at 3-tech and Cheatum at DE. That's a strong d-line. Throw in a big guy who can play nose and you got a HAUL at d-line.

Not a done deal until we see if the coaches accept that commitment. Hoping we find out soon sooner rather than later. He's good enough to take now IMO.

The good thing about those 3, and the reason I hope we aren't slow playing Mcwhorter, is that they can all play on the line together. Miller at DE, and one of Mcwhorter and Cheatum will end up at 3-tech DT, and the other will end up at strong-side DE. I see Mcwhorter at 3-tech and Cheatum at DE. That's a strong d-line. Throw in a big guy who can play nose and you got a HAUL at d-line.

Agree, miller and Cheatum at DE with McWhorter at DT.

Why is McWhorter not a done deal? ????

I do not understand why one of our top rated recruits is not receiving his scholarship!

The kid wants to play for North Texas for crying out loud!

Is something fishy going on in the coaches office?

Will McWhorter be jilted for another player?

Come on Coach Mac! Do not lose McWhorter!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If both of the kids from Desoto are still on track to be grayshirts then we already have 3 DL in 2015 class. I still don't see why there would be a hold up in accepting a commitment from a quality defensive lineman especially since we only signed 2 last year while graduating several. I hope we will hear news of a commitment from McWhorter in a few days.