Good morning North Texas

Harry

Yes sir.

And when you are thankful, sometimes The Lord provides.

Lake up 5 feet and still rising with 6 to go. Will probably get another foot added on today. Ground is completely saturated with rain expected tomorrow and big rain expected Wednesday. Biggest rain event in the history of mankind. Can we? Will we?

Do feel for the people affected by the flooding, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And when you are thankful, sometimes The Lord provides.

Lake up 5 feet and still rising with 6 to go. Will probably get another foot added on today. Ground is completely saturated with rain expected tomorrow and big rain expected Wednesday. Biggest rain event in the history of mankind. Can we? Will we?

Do feel for the people affected by the flooding, though.

My wife and I were walking around the man-made "lake" in our neighborhood, and remarked on it being about a foot a half low. This weather should help get it back to normal, I hope. Really interested in seeing how it affects Ray Roberts. Would like to get out there this weekend.

Was there a big rain event Sunday up around Gainesville as well as Granbury? This morning a system came through that appears to have rained on the Lake RR water shed. It will be interesting alright. It takes a pretty big rain event to bring the level up on a 28K surface acre lake.

Bill, a pretty steady shower came through yesterday morning until about 10 or so, and pretty certain it dumped some water on RR.

Which lake are you talking about? Granbury?

Yes, sorry, Lake Granbury. Almost up to 687 feet above sea level from a record low of 681.5. Full is 693 (but they always keep it at 692.5). It will be interesting to see where we end up at the end of this week.

My dog has decided she hates going outside in the rain. I have to slide her big butt out the door, to prevent an accident. Wish I could throw my wife's cat out into the rain with her.

My dog and cat are Thunder Buddies 4 Life. He got in her crate with her this morning while she was shaking...the cuteness was off the charts

• Upvote 3

Is that before or after the BRA sells off all the water?

If it does get full, they will suck it out as quick as they can to make a buck. And they don't give 2 craps. Completely unchecked government agency. Only defense is public and media pressure.

They have put in to sell in MORE water.

BRA permit request 5851 for anyone interested. Want to sell an additional 670,000 acre feet per year. And they make this request in the middle of a drought. Arrogance much?

Look, we are in a drought which is reason A that the lake is low. But the BRAs mismanagement of water (selling as much as possible without regard for lake levels, river levels, and the effect on Eco systems, local economies, and the property value of home owners) is reason B.

I have really developed a disdain for this particular state agency and their unbridled arrogance.

If it does get full, they will suck it out as quick as they can to make a buck. And they don't give 2 craps. Completely unchecked government agency. Only defense is public and media pressure.

They have put in to sell in MORE water.

BRA permit request 5851 for anyone interested. Want to sell an additional 670,000 acre feet per year. And they make this request in the middle of a drought. Arrogance much?

Look, we are in a drought which is reason A that the lake is low. But the BRAs mismanagement of water (selling as much as possible without regard for lake levels, river levels, and the effect on Eco systems, local economies, and the property value of home owners) is reason B.

I have really developed a disdain for this particular state agency and their unbridled arrogance.

That about sums it up. My in-laws have a house on the lake and we used to enjoy going down to visit and spend a few hours cruising around the lake and relaxing (not that we still don't enjoy visiting, just no lake trips now). Haven't been able to do that in a few years. I have developed a strong distaste for the BRA as well.

Edited by forevereagle