Mike Grant named UNT Recruiting Coordinator

Harry

UNT lost its recruiting coordinator in Noah Joseph, who was pilfered by Indiana. So, while UNTs former safeties coach is now is Hoosier, whos your new man directing the recruiting show? UNT has settled on wide receivers coach Mike Grant. McCarney made a really good case that Grant is a good fit, saying that he is super organized and someone who has experience on the staff and knows the lay of the land at UNT.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/02/late-night-football-basketball-notes-and-your-recruiting-coordinator-is.html/

Brett Vitto better be careful with this quote people get a little angry with these types of suggestions of moving players to different positions.

"In another bit of transfer news, former Ryan standout Jordan Richmond will make the move from linebacker to defensive end at UNT. Richmond is 6-foot-3 and was listed at 225 pounds while he was at A&M. Richmond could easily grow into a pass rushing defensive end for the Mean Green." -Brett Vito

people get a little angry around here when it comes to moving players to different positions.

I like the move as well. We're looking pretty good at LB, and Akunne is our only scholarship guy who will be a senior this year.

In 2015, when Richmond becomes eligible, we will only return 4 other scholarship defensive ends, at most, from our 2014 team. Those guys will be Chad Polk, Malik Dilonga, Jarrian Roberts, and Tillman Johnson. Polk is the only one who we have seen play meaningful snaps up to this point, and he is undersized so it'd be nice to start developing the others to get a good rotation and not need Polk to play 70 snaps a game.

• Upvote 1

With his organizational skills being part of the discussion, my guess (and just a guess) would be that he probably keeps everybody's recruiting schedule, sets up dates for stuff...it seems reasonable that they discuss who to recruit as part of their coaches' meetings and the most organized guy gets to be the one to coordinate a recruiting calendar and keep records and stuff. That way somebody doesn't go, "Oh, crap, I was supposed to be in Beaumont...why am I in Shreveport?! Whose car is this, anyway? What's that smell coming from the trunk? Most importantly...where are my pants and what have you done with Tommy Perry?"

You know, stuff like that.

With his organizational skills being part of the discussion, my guess (and just a guess) would be that he probably keeps everybody's recruiting schedule, sets up dates for stuff...it seems reasonable that they discuss who to recruit as part of their coaches' meetings and the most organized guy gets to be the one to coordinate a recruiting calendar and keep records and stuff. That way somebody doesn't go, "Oh, crap, I was supposed to be in Beaumont...why am I in Shreveport?! Whose car is this, anyway? What's that smell coming from the trunk? Most importantly...where are my pants and what have you done with Tommy Perry?"

You know, stuff like that.

You see that live tweeting thread when an Ohio State recruiter got caught on the Atlanta loops when they got iced out a month ago? Pure comedic gold.

Yeah, that was crazy. Did anyone ever say what happened to the car he abandoned? That would be a funny call. "I'm calling from Enterprise, you've had your rental for two days longer than you said you would...I see...uh-huh...it's where?"