Howard can't do everything... Looks like he got hammered today. Did you see the game CBL? What happened to the defense? Both goals were point blank off Howard save rebounds.

I was pretty busy at work so I wasn't able to watch much of it...most, especially Dempsey, looked pretty disinterested.

This was far from the A-team...especially at the back...Cameron got run at RB which is likely his best chance of cracking the first XI and looked decent when I saw him. Gooch and Brooks as your center-half pairing is asking for trouble.

The lack of attack further proves how much this side needs Michael Bradley as the box-to-box engine.

Oh...Putin sucks.

We are not in a position to do anything about the present situation any more than we were in 08' when Russia invaded Georgia. Perhaps worse, as Western Europe will not go along with economic sanctions. Russia is one of their largest trading partners and provides about 25% of the West's natural gas. Whether we like it of not, the duly elected government of Ukraine was overthrown and a large number of their Eastern population wants to return to Russia. It's a mess, but its not our mess. We can huff and puff all we want to, but that's about it.Just an observation.

You put units with crappy NCOs next to each other and sooner or later they shoot each other. You have a shooting war between to nuclear powers and sooner or later someone gets nuked.

I feel that we do need to stand up to Putin, unless we want a new USSR, but I want everyone to understand the risks.

Some extreme leaps here, don't you think?

There was a shooting war between 2 Nuclear powers. It was called Korea. No one got nuked.

Not that anyone wants a shooting war, but to assume a mistake by a Russian NCO will lead to an all out shooting war, much less nuclear war is quite the leap, don't you think.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

We are not in a position to do anything about the present situation any more than we were in 08' when Russia invaded Georgia. Perhaps worse, as Western Europe will not go along with economic sanctions. Russia is one of their largest trading partners and provides about 25% of the West's natural gas. Whether we like it of not, the duly elected government of Ukraine was overthrown and a large number of their Eastern population wants to return to Russia. It's a mess, but its not our mess. We can huff and puff all we want to, but that's about it.Just an observation.

Hiding behind our oceans has cost us more blood and treasure than being more proactive. We can do more than huff and puff, its only a matter of will.

I really don't have a clue what we can realistically do. President Bush didn't in 2008 when Russia invaded Georgia, and our current administration is in the same situation regarding the Ukraine. What would/could Russia or the world do if we decided to invade Baja California?I don't think much.

• Upvote 2

I really don't have a clue what we can realistically do. President Bush didn't in 2008 when Russia invaded Georgia, and our current administration is in the same situation regarding the Ukraine. What would/could Russia or the world do if we decided to invade Baja California?I don't think much.

but what if the English speaking population of Baja was "oppressed"?

Poor analogy, the Russian military isn't planned or designed for deployment accross an ocean. Our military is.

Yesterday Georgia. Today Ukraine. Tomorrow?

I wouldn't use Georgia as an excuse not to act now. If anything, doing nothing in Geirgia has exasberbated the situation.

I guess we can just stick our head in the sand and do nothing. I mean, that's easy, and Lord knows Americans love doing the easy thing and delaying consequences these days. Just don't be surprised when a new "crisis" pops up in a year if two in another former USSR state and Putin just HAS to send in troops to keep the peace.

But, hey, we would have done the new American thing and kicked it down the road a couple of years, right? Why deal with a small problem now when you can let if fester and grow into a major infection, after all?

http://news.yahoo.com/big-power-talks-ukraine-crisis-little-progress-003521587--business.html

Interesting .... and as for New Mexico .... the Hispanics there are not wanting to join Mexico and it has been a lot longer than 20-25 years or (in their lifetime) that things changed.. I don't think the Crimeans ever chose to be a part of Ukraine .... but was PUT there by the USSR when it really didn't matter which "province" they were in (they had been Russian). Let THEM sort it all out... It is THEIR lives and THEIR country. They are not shooting it out and sounds like the locals (most of them) want a change.

Besides the Ukrainian government is a total mess ... The people in Kiev are the ones that started all of this... and Kiev is not even close to Crimea .. The Crimeans want some stability as well as out of the Ukraine. ...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Why would we go to war over a piece of land that means nothing to our national interests? Screaming Eagle is right. We need to but out and let them solve their problems. We are not the police of the world, although we mistakenly act like it at times.

• Upvote 2

I really hope neither of you are history teachers.

Fortunately some of you are not in power and think we are "king of the world"....They get to make their own decisions.

As for History ... Texas decided to split from Mexico and then become part of USA .. ... bad decision?? and did Europe or anyone interfere ??

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Fortunately some of you are not in power and think we are "king of the world"....They get to make their own decisions.

As for History ... Texas decided to split from Mexico and then become part of USA .. ... bad decision and did Europe or anyone interfere ??

How about when 13 British colonies decided to split, did anyone in Europe interfere then?

Why would we go to war over a piece of land that means nothing to our national interests? Screaming Eagle is right. We need to but out and let them solve their problems. We are not the police of the world, although we mistakenly act like it at times.

We (along with the UK and Russia) guaranteed the territorial integrity of Ukraine when we convinced them to give up all their nukes in 1994. If we do not act (doesn't have to be with military force, but we should be prepared for the possibility) then our word is no good. Peace and stability is in our national interest, and the threat of military force can help keep the peace. I do not want a shooting war with the Russians, but we will have one if we don't stop them at some point.
  • Upvote 3

Flashback: Senator Obama pushed bill that helped destroy more than 15,000 TONS of ammunition, 400,000 small arms and 1,000 anti-aircraft missiles in Ukraine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573557/Flashback-Senator-Obama-pushed-destruction-15-000-TONS-ammunition-400-000-small-arms-1-000-anti-aircraft-missiles-Ukraine.html

Hat tip to PMG on this article.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2