Well, it's happening. P5 to make their own division.

MWC commish' not as concerned as some so again...let's be patient and see how all this plays out.

(I would think C-USA commish Banowsky would most likely concur with his collegue from the MWC).

From the NCAA Convention MWC Commissioner Craig Thompson says:

"I think our biggest potential concern is if the scholarship limits would ever change one day, say going from 85 in football to something other than that," Mountain West Conference commissioner Craig Thompson told ESPN.com. "For the most part, a lot of this is business as usual. There don't seem to be any red flags. ... There hasn't been a level playing field for decades. People like to say that and there's a perception. But there are different budgets, etcetera. We felt like we have performed nationally and competitively at a pretty good pace and I don't see this changing our world too dramatically."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/10307993/ncaa-administrators-mull-giving-power-5-conferences-more-autonomy

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wonder what these comments would be like if UNT was a member of the Big XII?

Calm down, the sky is not falling and it won't make much difference in the long run...folks will adjust as they always have. Get over the fact that the NCAA is in any way a level playing field. There will always be that big boys vs the smaller guys thing.

I seem to recall folks saying that the BCS system was going to destroy college football and that the little guys will never be able to field a good team. Seems that HOD bowl thing was pretty cool and pretty darn exciting.

• Downvote 1

Wonder what these comments would be like if UNT was a member of the Big XII?

Calm down, the sky is not falling and it won't make much difference in the long run...folks will adjust as they always have. Get over the fact that the NCAA is in any way a level playing field. There will always be that big boys vs the smaller guys thing.

I seem to recall folks saying that the BCS system was going to destroy college football and that the little guys will never be able to field a good team. Seems that HOD bowl thing was pretty cool and pretty darn exciting.

The comments would be "let's pimp those Bs out!!

But we aren't, so...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1