Can we raise money for a Scrappy redo?

shutter

Funny...somehow I thought we were discussing this thread, but ancient history is fun too I guess. Thanks for the input.

Still sitting at a grand total of $50. What you in for?

These young kids with their inability to be serious and always have to make a smartass joke of everything...

Seriously, What we always did was find a goal and then reach toward that goal. Without that framework, no one is likely to give.

So my question stands: Does anyone know how much a new mascot costume would cost, or do you have a contact who could give us this info.

Once we know its a reachable goal (who knows, it might cost $25,000) then we can approach the AD and see if they would be willing to accept gifts for a new costume. Then we can start an actual drive.

Fundraisers should probably have these steps down by now....

• Upvote 1

The ones who messed it up and still signed off on it should be the ones paying for it. Just sayin....

Now this I would agree with, IF and it is a big IF, one makes the assumption that those responsible thought it was bad. I am thinking lots of folks saw the re-do design, liked it and approved it and have no intention of changing it back just because some folks don't like the change.

Just sayin.....

PS: I have no clue who was responsible, nor do I care. I really haven't paid that much attention and have not noticed anything wrong with the redo. But, like I said...it's pretty low on my "I need something to complain about" list right now.

These young kids with their inability to be serious and always have to make a smartass joke of everything...

Seriously, What we always did was find a goal and then reach toward that goal. Without that framework, no one is likely to give.

So my question stands: Does anyone know how much a new mascot costume would cost, or do you have a contact who could give us this info.

Once we know its a reachable goal (who knows, it might cost $25,000) then we can approach the AD and see if they would be willing to accept gifts for a new costume. Then we can start an actual drive.

Fundraisers should probably have these steps down by now....

So, you will be donating to the Go Mean Green basketball, football and softball games for the new year? Those events are down pretty pat. In fact, there is a thread about the basketball event right now...players needed, donors needed, sponsorships available...you in? We'd love to see your participation. Maybe the Scappy thing has you tapped out, but even so...volunteer spots available. Want to be a referee? Love to have ya!

• Downvote 1

Leave it to Kram to ruin a fun thread...

What...complaining about a Scrappy is a fun thread? Who knew?

Oh, I forgot the forum rules again...it's always a fun thread if it complains about something or someone associated with UNT. Got it, my bad. Carry on with this fun thread. I'll leave it to all you jolly folks.

• Downvote 4

Old Scrappy is not coming back. That costume was falling apart. It was really bad on the crown of the beak. Also, the material had thinned out do much on the beak that it looked like he'd been shot in the face with a shotgun when the light hit just right.

Also, I wouldn't look for a jersey on new Scrappy any time soon either. Do you remember the cartoon version that came out first? The one they use in marketing and is printed on some of the new youth shirts? https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/university-spirit-marks. No jersey.

If E.L. Scrappy looked even remotely like the illustrated iterations, this would not be an issue.

Currency mistake, I meant one million Spanish Pesetas!

Too late, and quoted for posterity.

Current exchange rate puts that at $1,645,900. But if you just want to pass on a flat $1.6 million, I won't let Cerebus knock you for being a liar.

Solid gold, diamond-encrusted New Scrappy thanks you in advance.

Current exchange rate puts that at $1,645,900. But if you just want to pass on a flat $1.6 million, I won't let Cerebus knock you for being a liar.

Forget diamonds, I'm thinking laser eyes. Maybe a mechanized talon made of titanium.

I misspoke.

It depends on what the definition of will is.

I know you are, but what am I.

I misspoke.

It depends on what the definition of will is.

I know you are, but what am I.

If you want to look those junior Mean Green Club kids in their sad little faces and tell them that there will be no mink-and-dodo feather costume redesign, and that they'll have to spend another year getting hugged and high-fived by that hideous monstrosity... Fine.

Shame on you, though. Cough up the $1.6 mil you pledged.