TIX via Fed EX

filmerj

Fri., Sat., Mon and Tues. remain for Fed Ex to get this fixed! Four days is a lot of time in the Fed Ex world. At least I hope it is.....keeping fingers and toes crossed for all who have not received their tickets as yet.

Who knows, the Fed Ex boys and girls might even try Sunday deliveries to ease the back-up. Hope so. Seems some corp. reputations might be on line here...the post office seems to have been able to deliver throughout the local ice mess, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Since I didn't pay the $10 shipping fee I am hoping that they still have my group's tickets. If they do I'll bug out from work early and drive to Denton to pick them up this afternoon. Right now I am hoping to hear back from the TO on where my tickets might be.

This has the potential to become a huge nightmare if people don't get their tickets by Monday.

EDIT: They just called back, they have them and I will be heading up that way this afternoon to get them. They are open until 5 PM. I hope northbound traffic on 35E isn't too bad. It shouldn't be at 4 PM but you never know.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2

Finally got through on my 6th try this morning, got some BS about how they sold more than their allotment and those tickets hadn't been sorted yet and would be at will call if I hadn't paid the $10 fee (even though Coleman said I'd have them MAILED to me on the 20th). I also bought my tickets well in advance of them selling out their allotment so I should have been covered anyways...

I couldn't have gotten a more monotonous/IDGAF tone on the other end of my call either. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

They REALLY, REALLY need to send an email out to those whose tickets are at will call just to confirm. It sounds like Coleman didn't mention, nor offer the $10 delivery to many on here. He explicitly stated that mine would be mailed to me.

Edited by MDH
  • Upvote 2

Finally got through on my 6th try this morning, got some BS about how they sold more than their allotment and those tickets hadn't been sorted yet and would be at will call if I hadn't paid the $10 fee (even though Coleman said I'd have them MAILED to me on the 20th). I also bought my tickets well in advance of them selling out their allotment so I should have been covered anyways...

I couldn't have gotten a more monotonous/IDGAF tone on the other end of my call either. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

They REALLY, REALLY need to send an email out to those whose tickets are at will call just to confirm. It sounds like Coleman didn't mention, nor offer the $10 delivery to many on here. He explicitly stated that mine would be mailed to me.

I emailed Coleman to get some status and clarification of what is going on and he is OOO and will be back on the 30th.

So my tickets that were to be Fedexed to Allen are currently sitting in Ft. Worth Fedex Office with an *estimated* delivery date of this Monday... He said I have no options but to wait and hope they're delivered...

Complete ineptitude by our ticket office.

They STRONGLY ENCOURAGED everyone to order from them instead HOD website, yet HOD sent them out ASAP and our ticket office has clusterf'd this out of the park.

Just asking, but why us that on the ticket office folks? If the ticket office folks got them to Fed Ex in plenty of time, seems to me that the problem lies with Fed Ex. If Fed Ex guarantees overnight delivery and then screws the pooch on that...how does our ticket office control that? Not arguing or defending anyone, just wanting your take on why the ticket office is being blamed for what seems to be a Fed Ex problem?

HOD folks do not have the issue of "priority point" seating arrangements. So they could just pick seats and send them out randomly it seems. If you are assigning seats by any priority you have to set a deadline for orders, review the orders by priority described and then send them out in bulk it seems. That means those with more priority points get better seats...or so the theory goes. Some would be pretty hacked to have donated to the Mean Green Club at a high level just to find some random dude got a 50-yard line seat while they were at the 20 or something like that. HOD folks do not have that factor to have to deal with..,thus...they can send out randomly as orders come in.

Just asking...like I said, not trying to beat up on anyone or defend anyone. Just interested in your perspective as you seem pretty certain who you want to point the finger at for all of this.

Hope you get your tickets today...keeping fingers crossed for everyone. Just got mine yesterday!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR TICKETS CALL THE TICKET OFFICE IMMEDIATELY AND ASK WHERE THEYARE!!!

DO NOT ASSUME THAT THEY WILL CONTACT YOU. THEY WON'T!

I called 3 times yesterday to attempt order party and tailgate tickets. They never mentioned any change in status to my regular tickets.

I called back today because I never received a call back about the NYE party and tailgate. Once I confirmed that I have tickets to those events (at least that is what I was told) , I asked about my tickets. I was told that instead of being Fed Exed, they would be at will call. And that's fine. If anyone would have bothered to relay that info to me. They didn't. Not even on the calls yesterday.

40 minutes of my life I will never get back spent TRYING to be a fan of this program.

Maddening.

If we are fortunate enough to make a bowl next year, I will be buying from the bowl outlet website.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Fri., Sat., Mon and Tues. remain for Fed Ex to get this fixed! Four days is a lot of time in the Fed Ex world. At least I hope it is.....keeping fingers and toes crossed for all who have not received their tickets as yet.

Who knows, the Fed Ex boys and girls might even try Sunday deliveries to ease the back-up. Hope so. Seems some corp. reputations might be on line here...the post office seems to have been able to deliver throughout the local ice mess, right?

I'm assuming your comment is a shot at the USPO.

I ordered some items on-line right around the time of the ice storm. Some were sent UPS and some were sent USPO. The post office delivered theirs before UPS. So, for me, the answer is.....right.

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming your comment is a shot at the USPO.

I ordered some items on-line right around the time of the ice storm. Some were sent UPS and some were sent USPO. The post office delivered theirs before UPS. So, for me, the answer is.....right.

Silver...you might want to re-read it. It is clearly saying USPS did not have troubles while the "corporate guys" did. Reading comprehension classes start soon at your local JC! Ha!

• Upvote 2

Just assuming that you were indulging in your usual lame attempt at sarcasm.

There you go "assuming" again old timer! When one starts with a pre-conceived erroneous assumption, one often reads what one "assumes" is written, not what is actually written.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Such a weird story I paid the $10.00 and I ordered our tickets to my buddy Troy's account, he used to buy all the tickets way back when before we had to split them out so he has the most points between us. I ordered 20 tickets on the 17th ahead of the deadline, Troy called this morning to find out where our tickets were and this is what Troy texted me:

I just talked to the ticket office. fedEx has not picked up our tickets yet, but they said they will drop them off today and I should receive them tomorrow.

I was told they were all being shipped Friday the 20th?

Wrinkled $100 guys complaining about tickets to a bowl game? Can't you just be happy we're in a bowl game? How many other UNT Ticket Offices have even sold tickets to bowl games? These sales put the Ticket Offices in some pretty elite company I'd say. If you think any other Ticket office could do better... You're just ignoring the system this ticket office has to operate in. I for one would like to congratulate the Ticket Offices for their effort and leadership. You realize the players read this? Vomit.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Such a weird story I paid the $10.00 and I ordered our tickets to my buddy Troy's account, he used to buy all the tickets way back when before we had to split them out so he has the most points between us. I ordered 20 tickets on the 17th ahead of the deadline, Troy called this morning to find out where our tickets were and this is what Troy texted me:

I was told they were all being shipped Friday the 20th?

If FedEx hasn't picked them up, DO NOT let them pick them up now. Have them put in will call and you can pick them up at the Omni between 5-7 on Mobday or Tuesday.

I would strongly suggest this method to hopefully make sure you get them.

• Upvote 1

If FedEx hasn't picked them up, DO NOT let them pick them up now. Have them put in will call and you can pick them up at the Omni between 5-7 on Mobday or Tuesday.

I would strongly suggest this method to hopefully make sure you get them.

Not that worried about it, they will figure it out. As long as we have an eye on it.

Called ticket office this morning. There is supposed to be a $10 extra charge on top of the $5 handling fee for FedEx delivery. The ticket office staff tried to notify buyers of this when they realized the $10 had not been charged. This was never communicated to me, and probably many of you. If they did not charge the $10, the tickets are in will call. This is per the person I talked to on the phone this morning.

Picked mine up late this morning. RV working the ticket desk and was first to ask what I needed. As Rick was looking for my tickets, I was next to a guy who was there to buy eight tickets. They are aware of the communication lapse on the $10 FedEx delivery, but they are working their tails off now. There must be hundreds of will call envelopes in trays on the desk. If you expected FedEx delivery but were not charged the $10, your tickets are probably there.

Anyway, I got mine in section 23. I can relax and I can quit watching for FedEx truck. No wait, expect delivery of Mean Green HOD sweatshirt today.

• Upvote 1

Picked mine up late this morning. RV working the ticket desk and was first to ask what I needed. As Rick was looking for my tickets, I was next to a guy who was there to buy eight tickets. They are aware of the communication lapse on the $10 FedEx delivery, but they are working their tails off now. There must be hundreds of will call envelopes in trays on the desk. If you expected FedEx delivery but were not charged the $10, your tickets are probably there.

Anyway, I got mine in section 23. I can relax and I can quit watching for FedEx truck. No wait, expect delivery of Mean Green HOD sweatshirt today.

Good to hear!