TIX via Fed EX

filmerj

Had to go pick mine up at the ticket office. After calling today I was told They got lumped in with will call. They are supposed to refund the fed ex charge. We'll see. They did seem crazy busy. And RV was busy on the phone apologizing to someone for something.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

Wrinkled $100 guys complaining about tickets to a bowl game? Can't you just be happy we're in a bowl game? How many other UNT Ticket Offices have even sold tickets to bowl games? These sales put the Ticket Offices in some pretty elite company I'd say. If you think any other Ticket office could do better... You're just ignoring the system this ticket office has to operate in. I for one would like to congratulate the Ticket Offices for their effort and leadership. You realize the players read this? Vomit.

You going to the bowl game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just asking, but why us that on the ticket office folks? If the ticket office folks got them to Fed Ex in plenty of time, seems to me that the problem lies with Fed Ex. If Fed Ex guarantees overnight delivery and then screws the pooch on that...how does our ticket office control that? Not arguing or defending anyone, just wanting your take on why the ticket office is being blamed for what seems to be a Fed Ex problem?

HOD folks do not have the issue of "priority point" seating arrangements. So they could just pick seats and send them out randomly it seems. If you are assigning seats by any priority you have to set a deadline for orders, review the orders by priority described and then send them out in bulk it seems. That means those with more priority points get better seats...or so the theory goes. Some would be pretty hacked to have donated to the Mean Green Club at a high level just to find some random dude got a 50-yard line seat while they were at the 20 or something like that. HOD folks do not have that factor to have to deal with..,thus...they can send out randomly as orders come in.

Just asking...like I said, not trying to beat up on anyone or defend anyone. Just interested in your perspective as you seem pretty certain who you want to point the finger at for all of this.

Hope you get your tickets today...keeping fingers crossed for everyone. Just got mine yesterday!

Ding ding ding.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It appears the ticket office is nearly unreachable by phone. You call and either get a recording telling you they are closed for Christmas but will reopen on December 26 from 8 to 5. It's the 27th at 4:30. They also offer to take a message but the line disconnects and won't record.

Or, you get an "all lines are busy, we'll take you in order message" but after about 5 minutes on silent hold the line disconnects.

Should I plan to drive to Denton and personally visit the ticket office tomorrow? With a brick to use on their window?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It appears the ticket office is nearly unreachable by phone. You call and either get a recording telling you they are closed for Christmas but will reopen on December 26 from 8 to 5. It's the 27th at 4:30. They also offer to take a message but the line disconnects and won't record.

Or, you get an "all lines are busy, we'll take you in order message" but after about 5 minutes on silent hold the line disconnects.

Should I plan to drive to Denton and personally visit the ticket office tomorrow? With a brick to use on their window?

I called earlier this morning around 10am or so and I got through just fine and quickly.

• Upvote 2

I called earlier this morning around 10am or so and I got through just fine and quickly.

Well, I was on silent hold for another 10 minutes when I got the recording they were still closed for Christmas.

Anyone have an email address?

I guess I should plan to drive to Denton Saturday morning from Coppell. Where is the ticket office now so I stand by the door when they come in or out?

Well, I was on silent hold for another 10 minutes when I got the recording they were still closed for Christmas.

Anyone have an email address?

I guess I should plan to drive to Denton Saturday morning from Coppell. Where is the ticket office now so I stand by the door when they come in or out?

Only email address I have is my ticket rep who is Coleman Feeley but he's out of office and won't be back til Dec 30. I'm planning to go to Denton tomorrow and just pick them up. Would hate to avoid any confusion and circus on trying to grab my tickets on gameday or any of the other bowl game events.

Only email address I have is my ticket rep who is Coleman Feeley but he's out of office and won't be back til Dec 30. I'm planning to go to Denton tomorrow and just pick them up. Would hate to avoid any confusion and circus on trying to grab my tickets on gameday or any of the other bowl game events.

Thanks! Coleman is who I talked to initially. I'll wait till Monday morning and start emailing and calling. I don't have his email, but I think I can find it online someplace.

I notice they were very efficient in billing my credit card! If only they would take a call!

Edited by VideoEagle

Thanks! Coleman is who I talked to initially. I'll wait till Monday morning and start emailing and calling. I don't have his email, but I think I can find it online someplace.

You may be able to catch them today before they close at 5.
940-565-2527 - number I called this morning that luckily went through quickly without any issue.
Coleman's Email - coleman.feeley@unt.edu
  • Upvote 1

I received a telephone call this afternoon. My tickets should be delivered tomorrow via FedEx. FYI, I ordered on 12/8.

I was patient but just about ready to pick up the phone...they beat me to the draw. If they are overrun, that is a good problem for us to have. As long as I get them by Monday, I'm good.

I called today and was told that the reason the tickets were not mailed out on Friday was that the UNT post office was closed last Friday. Who exactly manages the ticket office? This isn't rocket science.

Someone who shouldn't be managing the ticket office on 01/02/14.

But that will never happen.

• Upvote 4

I received a telephone call this afternoon. My tickets should be delivered tomorrow via FedEx. FYI, I ordered on 12/8.

I was patient but just about ready to pick up the phone...they beat me to the draw. If they are overrun, that is a good problem for us to have. As long as I get them by Monday, I'm good.

Safely in my hands about 10:00 a.m. this morning.

• Upvote 2